3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2009 12:25 AM by Turborolle

Intel DP45SG - For new computer ?

seb235

Welcome

I want to buy new computer with Intel DP45SG motherboard because it`s have DDR3 and every think is ok for me, but I read a lot abaut problem with this motherboard like freezes, automaticly restarts and somethink like that. I write on this forum to be sure that my computer will be working great 24/7 without problems.

My config will be :

Intel DP45SG BOX

Intel Core2 Quad Q9650 3,00 GHz BOX

OCZ DDR3 2x 2GB 1333MHz CL6 Reaper

GeForce with CUDA 9400 GT EVGA 1GB TV & 2xDVI (PCI-E) (DDR2)

WD Caviar Black 500GB WD5001AALS 32MB cache SATA-II

Pioneer DVD+/-RW DVR-217FBK

OCZ StealthXStream 600W SLI

Antec Gamer Three Hundred Case

Is it ok ? Will it work stable without problems ? Is it compatible with this motherboard ? Should I buy this motherboard ?

I must to have stable computer to hard work with any Pro aplications, so stability is very important for me.

• 1. Re: Intel DP45SG - For new computer ?
          CarlG

Do not buy this motherboard....

Anyways, you will find a better P45 board that this one for sure.

• 2. Re: Intel DP45SG - For new computer ?
            seb235

Can you tell me what is exactly wrong with this motherboard ? I dont want to overclock my computer it should just work so I dont need any asus expensive motherboard.

• 3. Re: Intel DP45SG - For new computer ?
              Turborolle

Hi seb235,

i recently bought a Intel DP45SG with 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer CL6 DDR3 and a Intel Core2Quad Q9400 CPU.

I also read a lot of bad things about the DP45SG but if i'm honest the board is running quite well from since the beginning.

The stability is very good and I have no problems at all with sudden reeboots or something like that. You only have to pay attention with the Ram Timings

because the board is a little bit fussy about the adjusted frequency and the clock settings.

Okay you might get more value for the same price if you would buy a mainboard from Gigabyte or Asus but I have to say i'm really satisfied with my Intel one. Only sad point is that the Desktop Control Center still doesn't work under Windows 7 RC but Intel promised to fix that till the release in october.

Until now I can fully recommend the mobo. Your configuration should work fine if you're not afraid to try several Ram settings.