Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20690 Discussions

Lenovo Y50-70 Intel HD 4600 low performance

KLeke
Beginner

Hi forum

I have problem with Intel HD 4600 performance. The normal Passmark score for it is 762, mine is only 291. Yes I know this laptop have more powerfull graphic card, but the Intel HD 4600 performance is very low. Is slower than Intel HD 4000 or even Intel HD 3000, in Passmark and various games.

Things that I tried:

Update drivers, both from Intel and Lenovo

Update BIOS

Set system to High Performance

Set Intel GPU to High Performance

My specs:

Intel Core i5 4210H

8 GB RAM dual channel

I asked at Lenovo forums but they don´t know answer.

Thanks for helpfull responses.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Bukajda, thanks for joining the Intel Community.

Please attach the DX Diag report for your system as soon as possible in order to check some information from your system? (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information).

Bear in mind that we always recommend customers to download and install the drivers provided by the system manufacture, since our drivers are generic drivers and sometimes these cannot be installed on other systems or the installation of them could overwrite their customizations and possibly change the functionality of the graphics.

0 Kudos
KLeke
Beginner

Here is DxDiag file.

I´m now using Lenovo drivers. With Intel drivers, performance was the same.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Bukajda, please try by installing our latest graphics drivers version 4156. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24785/Intel-Iris-and-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64-bit Intel® Download Center

Would you please let me know on which Passmark version are you seeing this issue ?

0 Kudos
KLeke
Beginner

The score is now 290,4.

This issue is not only with the newest Passmark 7.66, but also with games like Firefall, which Intel says are playable on HD 4600, but are almost unplayable with lowest settings and resolution.

0 Kudos
KLeke
Beginner
0 Kudos
OErca
Beginner

Hello,

I have the exact same problem. I just bought a new Lenovo Y70-70 which has intel 4600. My older laptop MSI GE70 has intel 4000. I was running a card game Hearthstone with 4000 card way smoother than 4600 card. I was very surprised. I thought maybe some programs slow my 4600 card so formated the new laptop but game still runs slow. Something is wrong.

0 Kudos