2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2015 11:06 AM by topg

Can the NUC5i3RYH support a 60 inch LED TV as display panel ?

MWP

Hello,

Recently, I just bought a NUC5i3RYH.

I need to know whether the NUC is able to display a 60 inch LED TV (SHARP LC-60LE631M) without any losses on image quality ?

Also, what is the maximum size of the display panel can the NUC5i3RYH support ?

Thanks,

MW

• 1. Re: Can the NUC5i3RYH support a 60 inch LED TV as display panel ?
          MWP

In addition to that, I'm using HDMI connection to display on the LED TV set (as mentioned above).

Btw, just curious to know if there is any significant different between HDMI connection and VGA connection in term of the image quality ?

Thanks ya :-)

• 2. Re: Can the NUC5i3RYH support a 60 inch LED TV as display panel ?
            topg

Native screen resolution rather than size is all you need to be concerned about, and your Sharp panel supports maximum Full HD (1920 x 1080) which the NUC will handle fine. HDMI is digital so is an improvement over analogue VGA, for which you'd need a converter in any case, and also a separate sound connection, whereas HDMI carries both video and sound. But as with all things, YMMV and you should try out the different options to see what suits you best.

Edit: on your second question, the NUC can support up to 4096 x 2304 @  24Hz over HDMI and 3840 x 2160 @  60 Hz over DisplayPort (or higher resolutions at lower refresh rates). You can also attach multiple displays, and the supported configurations are listed in the Technical Product Specification doc on pages 22-23.