Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Which driver to install??[plz help]

TSija
Beginner

I have a pc with:

Intel Core i3 4150 at 3.50 GHz(Intel hd 4400 graphics buit in around 2GB)

4GB RAM

Asus H81M-E Motherboard

500GB HDD

I've told before that my motherboard vendor is Asus My Graphics driver is quite old and I'm confused whether I'll update my driver or not. Asus provided me a very old driver for intel hd 4400.(I searched even today on their site, but there's no update). But intel is releasing new drivers very frequently. I updated the driver from intel's site and found that all applications show my graphics memory 1GB(half of my exact memory) ! but I've 2GB .. But when I install Asus's driver(provided by Asus of Intel hd 4400) it shows exact memory.. But they don't update their driver.. Then what'll I do?? Will I stay with the old drivers??I know old graphics drivers may create severe problems with new games or apps. Please suggest me what'll I do.. Thanks in advance. (Dxdiag information is in attachment)

0 Kudos
6 Replies
KGo1
Novice

Hello there,

It looks like you have an integrated graphics card from ASUS. We're the same, I have a Intel HD Graphics 4000 from Acers website.

How bout try to check for updates with device manager? Heres how

Go to Device manager > click Display Adapters > Click your Intel Graphics Driver > Then click Driver > Then click update driver > Then choose "Search automatically for updated driver software "

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
TSija
Beginner

Updating in this method downloads the latest driver from Intel's site. Then it's same as downloading the driver from intel's site manually.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
TSija
Beginner

I've mentioned before that I installed the latest version of this driver from Intel's site,installed. Then all apps including GPU-z , CPU-Z started to show half of my memory.But windows showed my actual graphics memory (around 1750MB)..But cpu-z and such apps show half..look at the pic below:

But While I installed the older driver provided by Asus.. All these sofwtares showed correct info..See the pic below:

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

The correct information is the one windows provide. We have received reports from customer where CPU-Z does not show correct information.

Kevin m

0 Kudos
TSija
Beginner

Thanks. Then I'm downloading the latest driver from intel.

0 Kudos