1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 10, 2015 8:09 AM by Intel_Peter

BLE Sheild

Anchal

Hi All,

Can anyone help me in this.?@@

The ACI is similar to SPI but does not actually work as SPI. SPI is consist of MOSI, MISO, SCK and SS, whereas ACI is consist of MOSI, MISO, SCK, REQN and RDYN(hand shake signal).Is it possible to connect  Galileo with BLE shield over ACI Interface.

Thanks

Anchal

• 1. Re: BLE Sheild
          Intel_Peter

Hello Anchal,

It is hard to say if a shield will work with Galileo if we don't know the interfaces of the shield, so it would be helpful to know which shield you're trying to use. Now regarding the ACI interface, Galileo does not posses this specific interface but it does have SPI, I2C, UART, so as I said before it would be helpful to see the shield's specifications to check if it is compatible with Galileo, now that being said, the fact that shield has compatible interfaces with Galileo doesn't necessarily mean that it will work with Galileo, for that I recommend you to check Desktop Boards — Shield Testing Report for Intel® Galileo Board and Intel® Edison Board and if the shield you're trying to use is not mentioned in it, I'd suggest you to try programming it and share your results in the community.

Peter.