1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 10, 2015 4:38 AM by mhahn

Two SD card images

Galileo_User

For Galileo , two SD card images are being offered . One with name SDCard.1.0.4.tar.bz2 and second one is iotdk-ide-linux.tar.bz2 .

I have few queries about them : -

Q1 : Why two images are being offered ? what is the difference between the two images ?

Q2: Are both the images are based on Yocto distribution ?

Q3 Does Iotdk-ide-linux.tar.bz2  image support the  Arduino environment or it is just to be used with eclipse ?

Q4 How can i locate the source code of the Kernel  used ?

Regards ,

Aditya

• 1. Re: Two SD card images
          mhahn

Galileo_User wrote:

For Galileo , two SD card images are being offered . One with name SDCard.1.0.4.tar.bz2 and second one is iotdk-ide-linux.tar.bz2 .

I have few queries about them : -

Q1 : Why two images are being offered ? what is the difference between the two images ?

Q2: Are both the images are based on Yocto distribution ?

Q3 Does Iotdk-ide-linux.tar.bz2  image support the  Arduino environment or it is just to be used with eclipse ?

Q4 How can i locate the source code of the Kernel  used ?

Regards ,

Aditya

Q1: iotdk is eglibc based (which means closer to glibc) whereas the other one is uclibc based [discussed in other threads on this forum I think]

Q2: yes - but different Yocto versions afaik

Q3: yes, Arduino is supported

Q4: you'd have to check the Yocto recipes for the kernel. For iotdk you find everything on meta-intel-iot-devkit - Intel IoT Developer Kit metadata