3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2015 10:10 AM by Intel_Peter

add an extra Bluetooth module to Intel Edison

Mohame_Ahmed

any help will be appreciated

i need to add an extra Bluetooth (BLE) module to Intel Edison and to be able to use both the built in Bluetooth module in Edison and the external new one to send different data to different slaves at the same time (mainly using A2DP)

i am using Intel Edison with mini Breakout Board

so i need to know how to connect it using GPIOs or usb and what do i need to do to bel able to use both modules the built in one and the new external one to send different data

• 1. Re: add an extra Bluetooth module to Intel Edison
          Intel_Peter

Hello Mohame_Ahmed,

Well, it depends on what you want to use and how it'd communicate to Edison, for example if you use a shield that is a standalone unit and communicate to Edison using let's say UART, I don't see any reason why it would have issues. However since you are using the Mini Breakout Board you'll have to get a device that works at the same voltage as the Edison, or use a level translator. What are you planning to use?

Peter.

• 2. Re: add an extra Bluetooth module to Intel Edison
            Mohame_Ahmed

first thanks Intel_Peter for your reply

second i need to add a bluetooth module to the Edison and make the Edison use it to communicate with Bluetooth devices along side using the build in bluetooth module in the edison

so i need to add bluetooth module for edison to communicate using it (make the edison send data through it)

third i need to stream audio data throuth it (using A2DP profile)
            so what i need is that the intel edison to have 2 bluetooth modules to stream audio through them (to stream the audio through the 2 bluetooth modules the built in one and the external one)

is this possible and if yes can ye guide me how to do it or where to look as i cant find my answer

• 3. Re: add an extra Bluetooth module to Intel Edison
              Intel_Peter

Hello Mohame_Ahmed,

Sorry for the delay in my response. It might help us give a more accurate answer to know which module you are trying to use. Why do you need to connect the other devices with an extra Bluetooth module? You can connect more than one device to the Edison with its built-in antenna.

Also, I believe this thread might interest you in your project : https://communities.intel.com/thread/56909?sr=inbox&ru=416588

Peter.