8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2015 2:10 PM by DiegoV_Intel

Persistent sketch Gen2

Bsessa

What is different about getting a sketch to be persistent on a Gen2 Vs  Gen1?  I am using 1.04 firmware and Linux image.  I have tried different SD cards. I have no problem running a persistent sketch with my Gen1.Thanks!

• 1. Re: Persistent sketch Gen2
          DiegoV_Intel

Hi Bsessa,

There is no difference. Both boards require the SD card Linux Image to store the sketch permanently. Do you have any issue with the Galileo Gen2 board?

Regards,

Diego.

• 2. Re: Persistent sketch Gen2
            Bsessa

Thanks Diego. I do have some other issues. Some pwm code that runs on my Gen1 does not run on the Gen2 after making the required mapping changes.   Previously had a hell of a time doing a firmware upgrade which required doing a re-burn via SPI using my Gen1 board just to get the Gen2 board to connect to my PC to get the firmware upgrade done.

Although a lot of other code works on my gen2 including a client server application, Do you think this board is defective and that is the cause of my problems?

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Persistent sketch Gen2
              DiegoV_Intel

Since they are different questions we can continue with the support for the PWM question in your other thread: setPwmI2C not working on Gen2. I already replied in that thread by the way.

Regards,

Diego.

• 4. Re: Persistent sketch Gen2
                Bsessa

If you have no other suggestion and based on your answer do you recommend returning the board because it is defective?   There is something different between the Gen1 and Gen2 because persistent sketch don't work on my Gen2 after following same procedure that makes sketches persistent on my Gen1..

Thanks,

• 5. Re: Persistent sketch Gen2
                  DiegoV_Intel

Hi Bsessa,

What procedure are you following? Could you confirm if your Galileo Gen2 is booting from the SD card (complete Linux image) and not from the internal Linux image? Do you have access to the Linux console of Galileo?

Regards,

Diego.

• 6. Re: Persistent sketch Gen2
                    Bsessa

How to burn Linux image over SD card

Diego,

Thanks for the reply.

Based on the above link my Gen2 board is booting from the internal image.  I followed the steps provided by

Intel's documentation to create the SD card.  WHICH WORKS FINE ON MY GEN1.   I also played with different SD formatting tools from SD.org and my windows7 system.    Which all work fine on Gen1. 

It was had to ignore that Adam in the above link stated his only fix was to install a Debian Linux image.  Is this a known BUG on the Gen2  or do you think my board is defective?

I do have access to the Linux console.  Whats the plan?

Thanks

• 7. Re: Persistent sketch Gen2
                      Bsessa

How to burn Linux image over SD card

I high jacked the above link and posted my boot sequence message there, at the request of another user.   My issue is still unresolved.

Thanks

• 8. Re: Persistent sketch Gen2
                        DiegoV_Intel

Hi Bsessa,

Could you please give me the output of the following commands:

Command 1:

dmesg | grep mmc

Command 2:

cat /sys/firmware/board_data/flash_version

Please run the commands above with the SD card inserted in the SD socket of your Galileo Gen2. The Yocto complete image you should store in your SD card can be downloaded from here: SD card Linux Image Galileo

Regards,

Diego.