Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

I have a nuc D54250WYK with wifi AC7260, get no wifi

AErik2
Beginner

I have run this with an english W7, no problem.

No i have changed to a swedish W7. I can not make wifi to work.

I have installed driver 17.13.11.5

Everything seems good in devicemanager

I don't know what to do now

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AErik2
Beginner

I can add that I use W7 64.

It's a red X over the symbol for wifi, and text say that it is problem with my card.

But i think that is not possible that it should be a physical problem withe hardware

0 Kudos
SNoth
Beginner

You could try booting a Linux distro from a USB drive and see how the WiFi card fares under that. Just to confirm that it is in fact not a hardware problem at least.... It would be quicker than doing a reinstallation of an English language version of Windows 7 x64, I would think. I do believe that the AC7260 has Linux drivers available, so that should not be a problem, either.

Also, Is the red X over the icon in the system tray? Because if that is the case, and you say nothing looks bad in Device Manager, it may not be the card per se, but it might just not be connecting due to weak signal. Are you able to set up an ad-hoc network between two devices to see if that works at all? Again, if it does, it is almost surely not a hardware problem.

(BTW, i also have the same NUC/WiFi card combination as you do. I had an issue just the other day where I did have to end up completely uninstalling the Intel WiFi drivers and software, rebooting, and then reinstalling them again, so you might try that too, if you have not already.)

0 Kudos
AErik2
Beginner

What is "booting a Linux distro"? Can you help me with an instruction for that?

The repeater is 2 meter from the NUC and I have a laptop and an Iphone beside me with excellent signals.

If I shall do an uninstall, which software should I delete?

0 Kudos
AErik2
Beginner

I try to run a file "Setup 5.1.28.0 145 kB". Then it interrupts and I get message, I try to translate it:

Installshield Wizard interrupted

This platform is not compatible with Intel WiDi.

Driver for wireless connection can not find or load the necessary components for Intel WiDi.

Why is it like this?

I have also none a reinstallation, didn't help

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello corrado95,

Intel® WiDi will not install if your computer does not meet the proper requirements, it will be better to make sure the wireless adapter is working correctly before trying to install Intel® WiDi Software.

Here are the steps required to do a clean install of your wireless adapter software:

- Download and save https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24652/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-7- Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7*, version 17.14.0

- Go to Control Panel, Programs and Uninstall Intel® PROSet Wireless Software (if is already installed).

- Go to Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and select "Uninstall", make sure to mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

- Reboot the PC, then install the PROSet software 17.14.0 you downloaded before.

If you plan to use Intel® WiDi, it is recommended to update the Intel® HD Graphics Driver for your Intel® NUC, version 15.36.18.4156 can be downloaded at the following location:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24473/Graphics-Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Intel-NUC https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24473/Graphics-Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Intel-NUC

Additionally, you may run http://supportkb.intel.com/wireless/wireless-display/templates/selfservice/intelwidi/# portal/1026/article/700100000005856/Intel-WiDi-Update-Tool Intel® WiDi Update Tool, to confirm you system has the required hardware, drivers and software in order to use Intel® WiDi.

0 Kudos