2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2015 8:17 PM by allene

After Edison ww5-15 upgrade Edison Bluetooth no longer boots discoverable

allene

I have done this

/etc/bluetooth/main.conf

Uncomment these lines and make equal to zero.

DiscoverableTimeout = 0

PairableTimeout = 0

This worked with the previous version of the software but now I find that it no longer works and I had to do this

Now I have to do this

bluetoothctl

discoverable on

And it works but of course for an embedded system this is not acceptable.

I tried setting the discoverable time to 600 but it boots with discoverable set to no.

Did I miss the memo?  What do I need to do?

Allen

• 1. Re: After Edison ww5-15 upgrade Edison Bluetooth no longer boots discoverable
          allene

I notice documentation dated February 2015 says this:

BlueZ also comes with conf files that let you specify some of the profile features (input.conf, network.conf, and proximity.conf) plus a more generic conf file (main.conf) that lets you specify name, discoverable and pairable timeouts, and other settings. These configuration files, which are located under /etc/bluetooth on an Intel® Edison device, are loaded at the Bluetooth daemon’s boot time (when the bluetooth systemd service is started). If you modify any of these configurations, you will need to stop and start the systemd Bluetooth service to activate the changes.

I also reviewed the release notes and find nothing there indicating that main.conf is being ignored.

• 2. Re: After Edison ww5-15 upgrade Edison Bluetooth no longer boots discoverable
            allene

Maybe I was imagining that it ever worked.  Anyway, I added the following line to my startup script in init.d

hciconfig hci0 piscan