3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2015 2:38 PM by sylvia_intel

NUC 5i5RYK: Some windows 7 update removes Intel HD graphics from desktop right click menu and seems not to launch it. OpenGL seems to lose support. Clean install and minecraft will not launch (to show the problem). Fix?

Numennl

First i installed all drivers one by one from the downloadable package (RYH-RYK-Win7-64bit-Driver-Bundle-Mar2015)

Second i ran windows update up to service pack 1 and installed the rest of the drivers

thirdly i installed kernel update1.11 manually and installed management engine, completing the driver installation

then i let windows update run untill it had no more updates (being a few batches, service pack 1, 186 something updates after that and 21 after that)

At this point i tried to install and run a fresh minecraft: this is what happened (read below)

After browsing the problem a littlebit, it seems that something went wrong with the INtel HD graphics drivers, since it starts to error on this:

OpenGL: ~~ERROR~~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread.

Then after checking some things, the configuration for the intel HD graphics Control panel seems gone missing from the right click menu and launching the link on desktop does not open up any process (if i check the taskbar, it either closes so fast that i dont see it, or it just launches nothing, including following the url into the folder and running it manually)

is there a fix?

PS. the intel driver utility seems to malfunction for me. Half the drivers that i installed manually it says it does not have them installed, trying to run the tool to download and install keeps returning installation failed, one of them being the control panel for intel HD graphics. I did that last time i installed. Clean install this time, will not touch that tool for a while.

no intel HD graphics.png

update state.png

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// Would you like a cupcake?

Time: 4-4-15 4:22

Description: Initializing game

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:247)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:739)

at avf.ap(SourceFile:534)

at avf.am(SourceFile:363)

at avf.a(SourceFile:310)

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:124)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --

Stacktrace:

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:247)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:739)

at avf.ap(SourceFile:534)

at avf.am(SourceFile:363)

-- Initialization --

Details:

Stacktrace:

at avf.a(SourceFile:310)

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:124)

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.8.3

Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1

CPU: 4x Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5250U CPU @ 1.60GHz

Java Version: 1.8.0_25, Oracle Corporation

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

Memory: 60323376 bytes (57 MB) / 160239616 bytes (152 MB) up to 1060372480 bytes (1011 MB)

JVM Flags: 6 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0

Launched Version: 1.8.3

LWJGL: 2.9.4

OpenGL: ~~ERROR~~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread.

GL Caps:

Using VBOs: No

Is Modded: Probably not. Jar signature remains and client brand is untouched.

Type: Client (map_client.txt)

Resource Packs: []

Current Language: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)