Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20688 Discussions

Bug Report: Intel HD Graphics Drivers (class problem) crash on glUseProgram() and other calls...

DStua4
Beginner

Hello,

Our customers have been experiencing a problem and we've tracked it down to what appears to be a driver problem in the Intel HD Graphics drivers. We've seen it with several model numbers so we think it is a class problem. Note: There is a possibility that we are doing something to cause this; however, our code works with every other driver vendor. It's only with the Intel drivers we see the problems.

I downloaded the latest driver for our machine and the problem still occurs.

I'd be glad to get you a version of our software that exhibits the problem. It is too large to attach.

Attached:

StackTrace.rtf - a stack trace from one of our customer's machines

CrashTrace(10.18.10.3958).txt - A call trace log from an older version of the driver

CrashTrace(10.18.10.4061).txt - A call trace log from the newest version of the driver we could update to.

If you need help with the following steps, send me and e-mail and we can set up a call. We are in Portland, OR so hopefully timezone isn't an issue.

Here are the steps to reproduce the problem:

1. Open an image in Perfect Effects by right clicking an image.

2. From the drop down combo box in the right pane, add the 'Borders' effects.

3. Twist down blend options button in the right pane.

4. Open the blend mode combo box and start scrolling down. This should cause the crash.

We run in OpenGL 2.0 mode as we must support older hardware.

We've debugged this problem and here is what appears to be happening. We add and delete shaders and shader programs all the time. If we create a shader program, delete it, and then recreate it and get a number that was previously deleted, we crash every time. If we get a new number, it works fine. We've worked around the problem by tracking the numbers that have been allocated, but this isn't a very good solution for us. Hope you can help.

Please feel free to e-mail with questions if you need help. We are motivated to get this resolved.

Best Regards,

Dan Stuart

Lead Software Engineer onOneSoftware.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the information.

I would need more information in regards to your system configuration:

Which version of Windows do you have?

Also, the exact processor model and the graphics controller:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-009482.htm Graphics Drivers — How to Identify Your Intel® Graphics Controller

Click the Windows icon, and then right-click Computer .

Select Properties .

Find System Type on the Properties window, and then note the processor model.

Please copy-paste or attach the Graphics report generated within the Intel Graphics Control Panel To access this report, please click on Start >> Control Panel >>Intel GMA driver >> information >> Save To File...

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-009476.htm Graphics Drivers — Intel® Graphics Driver Report

Also, the DirectX* diagnostic report: click Start, click Run, type dxdiag in the Open box, and then click OK.

Allan.

DStua4
Beginner

Here is the info you requested:

Windows 8.1 Enterprise

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 Chipset ID: 1E57

I'm attaching the reports you requested to this reply. Note: The attached reports only are for the machine that did the CrashTrace(10.18.10.4061).txt in the original post.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with. If you would like to live chat or talk on the phone, I'd be glad to send my phone number privately. I'm in Portland OR.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the information. I have forwarded details to our graphics engineering team. I will update this post as soon as I get any information from them.

Allan.

0 Kudos
DStua4
Beginner

Great thanks! Let me know if there is anything else me or my company can help with.

0 Kudos