4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2015 12:23 AM by MarkHaysHarris777

Intel Edison routine:

Michinge

Hello everybody,

does anybody know how to run a routine at a fixed frequency on the Intel Edison?

I checked the documentation but i didn't find anything.

Thanks for your help,

Michele

• 1. Re: Intel Edison routine:
          CMata_Intel

Hi Michinge

Could you tell us more information about the routine you are going to use? Programming language, interfaces, software..

About the frequency, which frequency do you want to modify?

Regards;

CMata

• 2. Re: Intel Edison routine:
            Michinge

Hello CMata,

you are right, I have to say more

Basically, what I want to do is to create a method that Is executed at 200 hz. In my application I have to read accelerometers at this frequency, so I need something like a timer with an interrupt connected that is able to guarantee an execution of a method at a fixed frequency.

I am using Python as programming language.

Thank for your attention,

Michele

• 3. Re: Intel Edison routine:
              CMata_Intel

Hi Michinge

Is the aplication running at that frequency or that is the frequency you need in the inputs from the accelerometers?

In the Shield Test Report (Section 50) you will see an example with an accelerometer, this one was made using the Arduino IDE but it will give you an idea on how to start.

If you are going to use python. I suggest you to use the MRAA library, take at the interfaces you may need, like aio,i2c or spi . Using python you can use the function time to create a timer and send a trigger to start reading values, I'm assuming you are going to use a software timer&interrupt.

Regards;

CMata

• 4. Re: Intel Edison routine:
                MarkHaysHarris777

hola...  you probably are not going to get what you expect;  not until Intel activates the MCU on-board the Edison SoC;  unless you include a dedicated MCU Atmega328 in your project.  Timing projects running in the gnu/linux address space (yocto I presume) will not run critically timed in all cases. You really need an MCU to handle the timed loop.

regards,

marcus