Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Dell Inspirion 13 7000 (7348) 7265 AC: No or slow internet when laptop closed or in tablet mode

CvanN1
Beginner

When I use my laptop in closed state (using external monitor true HDMI) or in tablet mode (folded 360 degrees) my internet connection gets really slow or to a level where there is no internet at all.

The website or internet doesn't show the page or it throttles really bad. The connection bars show full connection.

When i lift the screen only a couple of degrees it will immediately restore and connects great.

Is there anybody having the same issues?

(I'm on the newest Windows 10 technical preview and installed the newest intel drivers form download center 17.14.0. I also tried the drivers provided by Dell)

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Carlvn,

Windows 10* is not yet officially released and Intel does not have drivers for this version of the O.S. Your best option would be to contact Microsoft* directly for further information on Windows 10* and Dell* to check if they have any work around available. Is the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 the original card that came installed in your laptop or did you install it afterwards?

You may also want to take a look at this link for further assistance: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/search/search?SearchTerm=wireless&IsSuggestedTerm=true&CurrentScope.ForumName=insider&CurrentScope.Filter=insider_wintp-insider_install&ContentTypeScope=# /insider/insider_wintp-insider_install//1 wireless - Microsoft Community