6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2015 10:45 AM by PRosenberg

Observing BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (after Hibernated restart) and message 'You should upgrade your Intel ProSet Wireless Drivers' BUT

PRosenberg

then I started to use the Intel Driver Update utility, and the drivers won't install, after the needed reboots !

It finds these:

• WP-BT_17.1.1411.01_e164.exe
      • Wireless_17.14.0_e164.exe

for my:

• Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230
      • on my LapTop with Windows 8.1, 64-bit

Analyzing the content of its Logfile, these two messages appear, for each of the installs:

DriverUpdateUI.exe Information: 0 : IDUU-Install: Couldn't find 32 bit subkey. Trying 64 bit.

DriverUpdateUI.exe Information: 0 : IDUU-Install: Couldn't find registry subkey.  We're done here.

I'm pretty sure, this is the symptoms explaining the failing installs.

I have tried to install them outside Driver Update tool, same result ie. they wont' update, they either offer Repair or Remove.

What can I do ?

[update: 2-4-2015]

The Laptop Manufacturer (Asus) says, restore entire Laptop back to Windows 8 (from 8.1).

I wonder what kind of manufacturers are making laptops that lasts years (as in my case), using state of the art technology of Intel along with the latest Windows OS.

I saw somewhere (in community) someone posted a link to report issues to Intel Support, but that can't be true - the only ones that can report issues, are from Technology Companies or Manufacturers it seems. Or am I wrong ? Anyone ?

Meddelelse blev redigeret af: Peter Rosenberg, Added last section of 4-5 lines.