3 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2015 5:50 PM by CMata_Intel

Building Yocto for Edison wpa-supplicant issues

tripzero

Using this as a guide, I tried to build edison-image.  Aside from hundreds of

ERROR: Execution of event handler 'run_buildstats' failed

messages in the output, wpa-supplicant fails to build in the "patch_do_patch" step.  The offending patch is wpa-supplicant-andriod:

ERROR: Command Error: exit status: 1  Output:
      Applying patch wpa-supplicant-android-4.4.4_r2.0.1.patch
      file wpa_supplicant/src is not a directory
      3 out of 3 hunks ignored
      patching file wpa_supplicant/wpa_cli.c
      patching file wpa_supplicant/p2p_supplicant.c
      patching file wpa_supplicant/main.c
      patching file wpa_supplicant/p2p_supplicant.h
      patching file wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant_i.h
      patching file wpa_supplicant/scan.c
      Patch wpa-supplicant-android-4.4.4_r2.0.1.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)                                                                                                
      ERROR: Function failed: patch_do_patch

Any thoughts why this is failing?  I tried disabling the patch, but I get undefined symbols during the linker phase of do_compile.

• 1. Re: Building Yocto for Edison wpa-supplicant issues
          JPMontero_Intel

Hi tripzero,

Have you added the all the layers required to the bblayers? Did you add all the dependencies needed in conf file (step 4 of the guide you mention)? Also make sure you have enough space for the build. Could you attach the full log of the issue?

Regards,
          JPMontero_Intel

• 2. Re: Building Yocto for Edison wpa-supplicant issues
            tripzero

I'm still on step 1...

Here's the full log:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "run_buildstats(e)", line 67, in run_buildstats(e=<bb.build.TaskStarted object at 0xb4df93ac>)

File "buildstats.bbclass", line 2, in get_bn(e=<bb.build.TaskStarted object at 0xb4df93ac>)

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/build/tmp/buildstats//.buildname'

DEBUG: Executing python function do_patch

DEBUG: Executing python function patch_do_patch

DEBUG: Fetcher accessed the network with the command git ls-remote https://android.googlesource.com/platform/external/wpa_supplicant_8 refs/heads/android-4.4.4_r2.0.1 refs/tags/android-4.4.4_r2.0.1^{}

DEBUG: Running export SSH_AGENT_PID="15222"; export SSH_AUTH_SOCK="/tmp/ssh-FXq07vSg423H/agent.15127"; export GIT_PROXY_COMMAND="/home/tripzero/bin/git-proxy"; export ftp_proxy="ftp://proxy.jf.intel.com:911/"; export https_proxy="https://proxy.jf.intel.com:911/"; export http_proxy="http://proxy.jf.intel.com:911/"; export PATH="/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/scripts:/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/build/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/core2-32-poky-linux:/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/build/tmp/sysroots/edison/usr/bin/crossscripts:/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/build/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/sbin:/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/build/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin:/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/build/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/sbin:/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/build/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/bin:/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/scripts:/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/bitbake/bin:/home/tripzero/blackduck/protexIP/bin:/home/tripzero/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games"; export HOME="/home/tripzero"; git ls-remote https://android.googlesource.com/platform/external/wpa_supplicant_8 refs/heads/android-4.4.4_r2.0.1 refs/tags/android-4.4.4_r2.0.1^{}

DEBUG: Searching for defconfig-gnutls in paths:   

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/device-software/meta-edison-distro/recipes-connectivity/wpa_supplicant/wpa-supplicant/poky-edison

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant-android-4.4.4_r2.0.1/poky-edison

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant/poky-edison

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/files/poky-edison

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/device-software/meta-edison-distro/recipes-connectivity/wpa_supplicant/wpa-supplicant/edison

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant-android-4.4.4_r2.0.1/edison

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant/edison

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/files/edison

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/device-software/meta-edison-distro/recipes-connectivity/wpa_supplicant/wpa-supplicant/x86

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant-android-4.4.4_r2.0.1/x86

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant/x86

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/files/x86

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/device-software/meta-edison-distro/recipes-connectivity/wpa_supplicant/wpa-supplicant/i586

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant-android-4.4.4_r2.0.1/i586

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant/i586

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/files/i586

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/device-software/meta-edison-distro/recipes-connectivity/wpa_supplicant/wpa-supplicant/

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant-android-4.4.4_r2.0.1/

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant/

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/files/

DEBUG: Searching for wpa_supplicant.conf-sane in paths:   

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/device-software/meta-edison-distro/recipes-connectivity/wpa_supplicant/wpa-supplicant/poky-edison

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant-android-4.4.4_r2.0.1/poky-edison

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant/poky-edison

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/files/poky-edison

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/device-software/meta-edison-distro/recipes-connectivity/wpa_supplicant/wpa-supplicant/edison

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant-android-4.4.4_r2.0.1/edison

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant/edison

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/files/edison

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/device-software/meta-edison-distro/recipes-connectivity/wpa_supplicant/wpa-supplicant/x86

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant-android-4.4.4_r2.0.1/x86

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant/x86

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/files/x86

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/device-software/meta-edison-distro/recipes-connectivity/wpa_supplicant/wpa-supplicant/i586

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant-android-4.4.4_r2.0.1/i586

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant/i586

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/files/i586

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/device-software/meta-edison-distro/recipes-connectivity/wpa_supplicant/wpa-supplicant/

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant-android-4.4.4_r2.0.1/

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant/

/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/wpa-supplicant/files/

DEBUG: Searching for p2p_supplicant.conf-sane in paths:   

DEBUG: Searching for 99_wpa_supplicant in paths:   

DEBUG: Searching for fi.w1.wpa_supplicant1.service in paths:   

DEBUG: Searching for udhcpd-p2p.conf in paths:   

DEBUG: Searching for wpa_supplicant.service in paths:   

DEBUG: Searching for wpa_supplicant_wlan0_event.service in paths:   

DEBUG: Searching for wpa_supplicant_p2p_event.service in paths:   

DEBUG: Searching for wpa-supplicant.sh in paths:   

DEBUG: Searching for wpa-supplicant-android-4.4.4_r2.0.1.patch in paths:   

DEBUG: Searching for wpa_cli-actions.sh in paths:   

NOTE: Applying patch 'wpa-supplicant-android-4.4.4_r2.0.1.patch' (../device-software/meta-edison-distro/recipes-connectivity/wpa_supplicant/wpa-supplicant/wpa-supplicant-android-4.4.4_r2.0.1.patch)

ERROR: Command Error: exit status: 1  Output:

Applying patch wpa-supplicant-android-4.4.4_r2.0.1.patch

file wpa_supplicant/src is not a directory

3 out of 3 hunks ignored

patching file wpa_supplicant/wpa_cli.c

patching file wpa_supplicant/p2p_supplicant.c

patching file wpa_supplicant/main.c

patching file wpa_supplicant/p2p_supplicant.h

patching file wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant_i.h

patching file wpa_supplicant/scan.c

Patch wpa-supplicant-android-4.4.4_r2.0.1.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)

DEBUG: Python function patch_do_patch finished

DEBUG: Python function do_patch finished

ERROR: Function failed: patch_do_patch

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "run_buildstats(e)", line 100, in run_buildstats(e=<bb.build.TaskFailed object at 0xb5e777ec>)

File "buildstats.bbclass", line 2, in get_bn(e=<bb.build.TaskFailed object at 0xb5e777ec>)

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/tripzero/src/edison-src/build/tmp/buildstats//.buildname'

• 3. Re: Building Yocto for Edison wpa-supplicant issues
              CMata_Intel

Hi tripzero

Which Linux-distribution are you using? And are you using the files from here?

I suggested you to follow the steps in the BSP User Guide and then you can try to add meta-oic as the other tutorial shows.

Did you check the available space in your PC after trying to build the image, and are you deleting the files created after trying to build?

Regards;

CMata