From Ajay Mungara's blog:
"I am pleased to announce the launch of Intel® IoT Developer Kit (beta) - a complete set of hardware and software resources for creating innovative IoT solutions. IoT dev kit is part of a larger Intel IoT developer program targeted at hobbyists, students and entrepreneurial developers. In addition to the IoT dev Kit, the program includes IoT developer zone for downloads, latest content and support, local Hackathons & meet-ups to showcase and share ideas, and IoT Academic courseware program that will assist leading universities in building curriculum for the Internet of Things.
IoT Dev Kit consists of:
(1) Hardware components (Intel® Galileo and Intel® Edison boards, shields, sensors, actuators)
(2) Software image and/or the software packages
(3) Support for various IDEs allowing you to program in your favorite language
(Eclipse, Intel XDK IoT Edition, Arduino & Wyliodrin)
(4) Cloud services for a data management and analytics
(5) Additional tools and solutions for optimization and performance
(Intel System Studio for IoT & Wind River VxWorks for Makers)"
Read the entire announcement for more details at https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2014/09/08/announcing-intel-iot-developer-kit