2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2015 11:54 AM by ForumMigrationAdmin

Is there a IoT devkit getting started for the Edison ?

ForumMigrationAdmin

Subject line says it all.

Mike M.

• 1. Re: Is there a IoT devkit getting started for the Edison ?
          ForumMigrationAdmin

There's not a separate document yet, but the s/w installs are identical, for the PC/Linux/OS-X tools, so just click next, next, as usual.

There is no wired Ethernet on Edison, so you need to configure wifi, but that's covered in the Edison docs.  Its a simple configure-Edison --wifi  script to select the same SSID that your laptop is connected to.  After that its the same, just think Edison when you read Galileo.

Or plug a USB to Ethernet adapter into the Edison, and connect a cable. That's what I recommend if you are in a secured wifi area.

Biggest issue we have seen is that the PC and Edison/Galileo need to be on the same  network. Easy to get wrong with wifi, but simple with a wire between the board and PC.

Another thing to remember, at least for the systems I have seen is to update the Edison flash. My boards are 4-5 weeks old now, and that's ancient in Github time.

Stewart

• 2. Re: Is there a IoT devkit getting started for the Edison ?
            ForumMigrationAdmin

Thank you for the reply. There are some issues for me.

That document talks about using a live image. Yet i am unable to find that. When i go here:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/downloads

I downloaded the Windows 401Mb file. Unziped it and ran the .bat file. It did open Eclipse and i saw all the projects there.

yet, on page 18, section 3.2 where it talks about selecting the toolchain, mine does not show Yocto Project ADT as shown in that document.