4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2015 10:53 AM by malch

NUC5i5RYH and System Event Log

malch

One of the BIOS screens make reference to an Event Log.

How do I access that? Do I need some SEL Viewer software and, if so, which one?

I am currently running Linux but tools running under DOS, EFI, Windows PE, or WIndows would still be helpful.

• 1. Re: NUC5i5RYH and System Event Log
          kevin_intel

Hello Malch,

You can check the Event Logging at the BIOS and it will be displayed under the  Event Logging under the Main Tab.

Kevin M

• 2. Re: NUC5i5RYH and System Event Log
            malch

kevin_intel wrote:

You can check the Event Logging at the BIOS and it will be displayed under the  Event Logging under the Main Tab

But this all I have. Event Logging is enabled but I've never seen a single event logged there. Nada. Nor could I find any other tabs/buttons/controls associated with Event Logging..

I did try clearing the event log (In case it was full of non displayable garbage or whatever) but that didn't change anything.

No startups, shutdowns, reboots, nothing?

IMG_0264.JPG

• 3. Re: NUC5i5RYH and System Event Log
              kevin_intel

Hello malch,

The event log will show only when there is a problem or an error occurred. It does not display when the system starts up.

Kevin M

• 4. Re: NUC5i5RYH and System Event Log
                malch

kevin_intel wrote:

The event log will show only when there is a problem or an error occurred. It does not display when the system starts up.

So, more of an error log than an event log :-)

Anyway, thanks for info. Sadly, that isn't going to help me track the source of the spurious wakes that have been cursing my system. On a more positive note, that MIGHT just be moot. I installed the new BIOS yesterday evening and no wakes overnight. It will tale a few more days to be sure and I'll also need to reverse some other software tweaks that I made recently. We shall see but fingers crossed that the new BIOS fixes the problem for good.