2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2015 7:15 PM by Eric64

.net framework

Eric64

First, if this is the wrong forum for this question, my apologies, please point to me to right place, otherwise....

I'm using the following OS on my Galileo Gen 2:

9600.16384.x86fre.winblue_rtm_iotbuild.150309-0310_galileo_v2

While looking around, I found a directory containing a .NET framework in C:\windows\system32\CoreCLR\v1.0.   I read somewhere that this is similar to the .net framework running on Windows Phone.

Is this correct?

Exactly what version is this?

Using VS 2013, I created a very simple console test application.   I started with 4.52 and worked my way down to version 4 of the .net framework.  The app runs, sort of.      I put Console.WriteLine() calls to test how far I get before crashing.  The app contains a class with 1 public method, 1 private method and 1 public property.   The public method Start() starts the private method, within a thread.  The private method loops a few times, with calls to Thread.Sleep(1000) and then exits.  The app crashes, with the exception below, when the private method is invoked.  I thought it might have something to do with the Thread, so I removed the thread stuff and called it directly, the error is fairly similar, thread or no thread, both throw the same "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral" exception

In addition to the questions above:

1)  Should I be able to run a .NET app on the Galileo?

2)  If so,  are there .NET APIs, specifically for the Galileo 2?

3) If so, is there any documentation on the subject?

4) If not, what is the purpose of the CoreCLR folder?

5) Any information on running a .NET app on the Galileo

Unhandled Exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has

been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException

: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral

, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot

find the file specified.

at CSharpTest.TestClass.RunForAwhile()

at CSharpTest.TestClass.Start()

at CSharpTest.Program.Main(String[] args)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments,

Signature sig, Boolean constructor)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Objec

t[] parameters, Object[] arguments)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invoke

Attr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)

at AppDomainManager.HostMain(Int32 argc, Char** argv, Char* assemblyToRun, In

t32 flags)