1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 23, 2015 11:27 AM by ForumMigrationAdmin

Trouble with Installation for Javascript (Intel® XDK IoT Edition) – Galileo

ForumMigrationAdmin

I am working through the steps in the guide Installation for Javascript (Intel® XDK IoT Edition) – Galileo & Edison for OSX.  All goes well until I get to the point where I install the micro-SD card into my Galileo, connect the cables, power on and then look for the boards address using Bonjour Browser. At this point -xdk-app-daemon.-tsp is not shown in the list. I have tried using my home network instead of the router in my office.  I have installed the software on a new micro-SD card.  None of this helps.  I'm at a loss for what to try next.

• 1. Re: Trouble with Installation for Javascript (Intel® XDK IoT Edition) – Galileo
          ForumMigrationAdmin

Hi,

If you connect your galileo board with an ethernet cable, it will assign IP address or you can install a wifi card installed on your galileo.

If you are using a Windows machine and facing issues with connectivity using Bonjour service, you can connect manually following the steps below.

IP Address: <Galileo's IP Address>

Port: 58888

1. From the bottom "IoT Device" drop down list, click on the dropdown and select "Add Manual Connection".
          2. A popup window launches asking for IP Address and Port.
          3. Once you enter the details as shown below, click "Connect". Your host machine will get connected to the device.

Regards,

Raghu Kona