3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2015 3:11 PM by ForumMigrationAdmin

[HELP] Intel Galileo Board and Transfer File

ForumMigrationAdmin

Hi, I am new to working with Arduino and I'm trying to transfer some files from my pc to Galileo Gen 1, but Intel is giving me some problems. Try using GalileoWatcher and Visual Studio 2013 (previously had worked but since the laptop no longer formate) but does not recognize the Intel Galileo Board, also try using a micro USB cable and IDE Arduino but neither worked. Not if someone could guide me, I've searched the net but have not found anything to help me.

Note: The Windows operating system came on the micro sd card from the Windows program on Device.

• 1. Re: [HELP] Intel Galileo Board and Transfer File
          ForumMigrationAdmin

when you say 'transfer files' could you give more information.

if you mean you wish to compile a program in the arduino (intel) environment, you would normally plug your USB cable(s) in and the operating system of the computer you are running the ide on will create the ports - providing you have installed (pretty sure you need it for a galilleo) the software for the ports (a .INF file) - note, I am assuming you are on windows. In the arduino ide you would select the port and then download the program which ends up in a folder (in the yocto unix) on the board called /sketch Is this what you are trying to do? if not could you post clear steps of what you have done so far and what you are trying to achive and I am sure we can assist. STan

• 2. Re: [HELP] Intel Galileo Board and Transfer File
            ForumMigrationAdmin

Hi, thanks for replying, I'm not very good at English so I will try to explain in as much detail as possible. What I'm trying to do is to install GNU Octave and their respective packages for processing images on Intel Galileo Board, which has windows operating system which came on default Windows Device Program of Microsoft.

What I have done is follow the step by step guides I found on the pages of Intel using a micro usb to connect my computer to the intel and the power source, the LED flashes when receiving power but when finished start the operating system Galileo device does not appear in device Manager. Use the following guide: https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-22872

I have also used the GalileoWatcher and Visual Studio 2013, connecting my Galileo with a USB Ethernet adapter and connecting it to the Ethernet port of the Galileo and the source of power, as he had done on previous occasions but has not worked. Use the following guide: http://ms-iot.github.io/content/SetupGalileo.htm

Note that the first time you use GalileoWatcher was on a computer with Windows 8.1 operating system and the current has Windows 7. No if this influence something.

My main goal is as mentioned before is to install GNU Octave.

Thanks for the time to respond.

• 3. Re: [HELP] Intel Galileo Board and Transfer File
              ForumMigrationAdmin

Stan G. wrote:

when you say 'transfer files' could you give more information.

if you mean you wish to compile a program in the arduino (intel) environment, you would normally plug your USB cable(s) in and the operating system of the computer you are running the ide on will create the ports - providing you have installed (pretty sure you need it for a galilleo) the software for the ports (a .INF file) - note, I am assuming you are on windows. In the arduino ide you would select the port and then download the program which ends up in a folder (in the yocto unix) on the board called /sketch Is this what you are trying to do? if not could you post clear steps of what you have done so far and what you are trying to achive and I am sure we can assist. STan

Thanks again for replying, I was able to connect with Galileo, the problem was operative system windows 7 apparently. I upgrade my SO to Windows 8 and use Galileo Watcher, Winscp, FTP port 21, IP and the credentials used for telnet of my Intel Galileo.