3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2015 2:24 AM by Thomas Lyet

New iotdk-ide-win build issues

jblackston

Ok, I noticed there was a new version of the iotdk for windows available. I downloaded it a while back and installed it and tried to import the previous versions of the project files to compile it and it just crashes and burns... The errors I'm getting are:

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type

cannot find -lc    Edison_Appliance             C/C++ Problem

cannot find -lgcc    Edison_Appliance             C/C++ Problem

cannot find -lgcc_s    Edison_Appliance             C/C++ Problem

cannot find -lm    Edison_Appliance             C/C++ Problem

cannot find -lstdc++    Edison_Appliance             C/C++ Problem

cannot find crt1.o: No such file or directory    Edison_Appliance             C/C++ Problem

cannot find crtbegin.o: No such file or directory    Edison_Appliance             C/C++ Problem

cannot find crtend.o: No such file or directory    Edison_Appliance             C/C++ Problem

cannot find crti.o: No such file or directory    Edison_Appliance             C/C++ Problem

cannot find crtn.o: No such file or directory    Edison_Appliance             C/C++ Problem

So I tried to create a new project and start from scratch but it looks like I still have issues. I get an error that is:

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type

Program "g++" not found in PATH    Edison_Test        Project Properties, C++ Preprocessor Include.../Providers, [CDT Cross GCC Built-in Compiler Settings] options    C/C++ Scanner Discovery Problem

Program "gcc" not found in PATH    Edison_Test        Project Properties, C++ Preprocessor Include.../Providers, [CDT Cross GCC Built-in Compiler Settings] options    C/C++ Scanner Discovery Problem

Program "make" not found in PATH    Edison_Test             C/C++ Problem

The 'g++' and 'gcc' errors I'm use to from the previous version, but what is the issue with the 'make'? Any ideas?

• 1. Re: New iotdk-ide-win build issues
          CMata_Intel

Hi jblackston

Are you talking about the Eclipse from the Unified Installer? Or are you using the XDK?

When you create a project from scratch using this new version, are you getting errors too? Or are the problems only with old projects?

Regards;

CMata

• 2. Re: New iotdk-ide-win build issues
            jblackston

The program I used to install everything was "iotdk_win_installer.exe". Before I just got that zip file unzipped it.

The first group of errors I listed in my original post was from my original project moved to this new version of the iotdk. The second set of errors was caused by me making a new project from scratch, a hello world C++ project.

• 3. Re: New iotdk-ide-win build issues
              Thomas Lyet

Hi jblackston,

It looks like you tried to compile a classic C/C++ project! It is possible to have a classic C/C++ project if you set correctly your environment.

But if you want to create a new IoT C/C++ Project, you need to:

• File -> New -> Other... -> Intel(R) IoT Developper Kit -> Intel (R) IoT C/C++ project.

To create a blank project, select one template then remove the content.

Regards,

Thomas Lyet