Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

Fan/Heatsink to LGA2011-v3

EAlme1
Beginner

Hello,

I bought a E5-2620 v3 and now I am looking for a Fan and heatsink to LGA2011-v3. I thought about the intel Bxsts200C, but just realized that it does not fit on the LGA2011-v3 as the holes are smaller.

Do you have any recommendation? Do the Intel Motherboard Liquid Cooler - BXTS13X fits on the v3 socket?

Any other non liquid?

Thanks,

Eduardo

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

BXSTS200PNRW is passive, narrow, copper based, 1U height, up to 130W TDP.

It seems there is another model here: http://www.servethehome.com/narrow-ilm-square-ilm-lga2011-heatsink-differences/ Narrow ILM v. Square ILM - LGA2011 Heatsink Differences - ServeTheHomeServeTheHome – Server and Workstation Reviews

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

The good thing about the Intel® BXTS13X is that it does not use screws as the BXSTS200C and complies with the TDP of the processor you have. However, I am just wondering regarding the motherboard model you plan to use. Did you contact the motherboard manufacturer regarding this?

There is also BXTS13A and RTS2011AC but they use screws.

EAlme1
Beginner

Hi Joe

just realize that my motherboard (SuperMicro X10SRL-F-B) uses a narrow LMI and regular LGA2011 will not fit.

I will look for more options.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

BXSTS200PNRW is passive, narrow, copper based, 1U height, up to 130W TDP.

It seems there is another model here: http://www.servethehome.com/narrow-ilm-square-ilm-lga2011-heatsink-differences/ Narrow ILM v. Square ILM - LGA2011 Heatsink Differences - ServeTheHomeServeTheHome – Server and Workstation Reviews

EAlme1
Beginner

That's right.... that's what I figure out after buy 2 collers... but I found the Supermicro SNK-P0050AP4 and it is working now. I would prefer to buy from intel, but my research was not bringing much information.

Thank you for the replies.

0 Kudos