Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Cannot Update my Intel HD 4000 Graphics Driver (Need help ASAP)

TMuha
Beginner

Hey, I'm getting an error when i run the .exe file for the driver update for my Intel HD graphics card.

My computer specs are:

Windows 8.1

64 Bit Operating system

6.00 GB of Ram

Intel i5-3317U CPU with 1.70 ghz speed

The error says i do not have the specs to install the driver. If someone can, i would love the help. Thanks a lot. xD

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello TanvirM, thanks for joining the Intel Community.

• Could you please attach the DX Diag report from your system? (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information).
  • May I also have the model number of your laptop?

Bear in mind that we recommend customers to download and install the drivers provided by the system manufacture, since our drivers are generic drivers and sometimes these cannot be installed on other systems or the installation of them could overwrite their customizations and possibly change the functionality of the graphics.

Regards,

0 Kudos
TMuha
Beginner
0 Kudos
TMuha
Beginner

Model Number: S56CA BH51-CB

Thanks for replying! Hope this helps.

P.S DirectX Diagnostics info is above^

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

TanvirM, I would strongly recommend you use the ASUS drivers rather than the Intel generic drivers.

However, if you do want to overwrite the ASUS drivers with the Generic Intel drivers, follow these steps exactly. Note, you will loose any customization ASUS makes in the drivers specifically for your system and the system may not function as ASUS intended.

Download the zip version of the generic Intel HD Graphics driver here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24593/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64-bit Intel® Download Center

------------------

Extract it to a folder on your desktop.

1. Login with administrator privileges

2. Open Control Panel

3. Open Device Manager

4. Click on "Display adapters"

5. Double click "Intel HD Graphics"

6. Click on the "Driver" tab

7. Click on "Update Driver" button

8. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"

9. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

10. Click on "Have Disk" button

11. Click "Browse"

12. Navigate to the folder that you unzipped the Intel HD Graphics driver to

13. Navigate to the Graphics sub-folder

14. Double click the igdlh64.inf or igdlh.inf file <-- depends on if you have 32 or 64 bit OS

15. Click "OK"

16. Click "Next", Driver should now be installing.

17. If successful, click "Close", Reboot.

Let me know the results,

0 Kudos