4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2015 7:44 AM by Nixiedesk

NUC5i5RYH: Drivers do not install

mlun58

All drivers I try to install results in errors. I have two devises with exclamation marks:

-SM Bus controller: Exclamation mark

-Unknown unit: Exclamation mark

Why is it not possible to install the drivers pack manually? Why does the automatic driver detection utility fail miserably ??

My NUC seem in general to work ok, but I find it ackward with lots of signals that there is something wrong without being able to detect / remedy.

• 1. Re: NUC5i5RYH: Drivers do not install
          kevin_intel

Hello mlun58,

I am sorry you are having problems with the Intel® Driver Update Utility. Please access the following page and download each driver for testing proposes:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=NUC5i5RYH

Install always the chipset driver and then the Intel® ME driver to make sure all other drivers will install fine.

Kevin M

• 2. Re: NUC5i5RYH: Drivers do not install
            mlun58

Thanks Kevin. That worked, and I got rid of the exclamation marks in device manager. It seems that the unknown device was the "consumer infrared". However, after having installed all drivers the system became insanely slow, and froze every now and then. I then made a system recovery and installed the chipset, ME and the infrared driver. Are the others really necessary, and what could have caused the issue with the freezing computer ? :

- Audio (my current "sound for screen" driver say "6.16.0.3161" and seem to work o.k.)

- Graphics (my current graphics driver say "10.18.14.4080" and seem to work o.k.)

- NFC (not needed I guess?)

- Rapid Storage Technology (guess this might be causing the issues?)

- Ready Mode Technology (guess this might be causing the issues?)

• 3. Re: NUC5i5RYH: Drivers do not install
              kevin_intel

If you do not have a RAID on the system you do not need the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology and the Intel® Ready mode.

Kevin M

• 4. Re: NUC5i5RYH: Drivers do not install
                Nixiedesk

kevin_intel wrote:

If you do not have a RAID on the system you do not need the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology and the Intel® Ready mode.

Kevin M

Driver follow-up question : Do you install the Chipset Driver, ME, after you have installed OS (Win 8.1) ?