I am sorry you are having problems with the Intel® Driver Update Utility. Please access the following page and download each driver for testing proposes:
Install always the chipset driver and then the Intel® ME driver to make sure all other drivers will install fine.
Thanks Kevin. That worked, and I got rid of the exclamation marks in device manager. It seems that the unknown device was the "consumer infrared". However, after having installed all drivers the system became insanely slow, and froze every now and then. I then made a system recovery and installed the chipset, ME and the infrared driver. Are the others really necessary, and what could have caused the issue with the freezing computer ? :
- Audio (my current "sound for screen" driver say "188.8.131.5261" and seem to work o.k.)
- Graphics (my current graphics driver say "10.18.14.4080" and seem to work o.k.)
- NFC (not needed I guess?)
- Rapid Storage Technology (guess this might be causing the issues?)
- Ready Mode Technology (guess this might be causing the issues?)