The latest Intel HD graphics driver for Haswell based systems is 188.8.131.5256. This is the generic Intel version of the graphics driver and does not include and customizations Microsoft made for the Surface Pro 2. If you want to try the generic driver you can download it at:
I would recommend setting a restore point on your system before installing the generic driver in the event that you want to roll back to the Microsoft provided driver.
You will have to install the generic driver using the have disk method detailed below. Please download the zip version of the driver and unzip to a folder on your desktop and follow these steps exactly to install the driver.
1. Login with administrator privileges
2. Open Control Panel
3. Open Device Manager
4. Click on "Display adapters"
5. Double click "Intel HD Graphics"
6. Click on the "Driver" tab
7. Click on "Update Driver" button
8. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"
9. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
10. Click on "Have Disk" button
11. Click "Browse"
12. Navigate to the folder that you unzipped the Intel HD Graphics driver to
13. Navigate to the Graphics sub-folder
14. Double click the igdlh64.inf or igdlh.inf file <-- depends on if you have 32 or 64 bit OS
15. Click "OK"
16. Click "Next", Driver should now be installing.
17. If successful, click "Close", Reboot.