6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2009 9:30 AM by amcfarla

DX58SO booting twice before starting windows

thenose

Hi there, good morning

Im having this issue since last monday.  I've changed my old intel stock cooler for a new aftermarket one.  In order to do that it, i have turned off my psu unit and swich coolers, turned on psu, power up pc, ok ..  i did it a couple of times because i got the new fan placed the worng side in the first attempt. After everythig set up, i've turned on my PSU unit again and power up the PC (3º time)

Now this is whats happening:  Everytime i power up the PC or just make a regular restart (from windows start menu)  the PC reboot normaly but as soon it reachs the BIOS screen it reboots again (by it self) and then, pass again by BIOS screen and continues to load windows.

Is there any issue with my hardwares for this "twice boot" always happening ?  could be memory ? i have some changes on my BIOS setup.  one of them is the CPU vcore voltage set to 1.07  i dont know if this could causing this problem because this settings were all the same and the (reboot 2 times thing) started after the new cooler replacement.  i've also load bios default values (F9 and save) but the machine keep starting twice before load windows..

I would be glad if you could help me with this..

Thanks

here my specs

DX58SO with last bios installed

intel core i7 920

akasa nero cooler

ocz 1333 6gb triple channel

geforce gtx 295

seagate 500gb HD sata

DVD-RW drive

Corsair 620HX psu