Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel Centrino Wireless N 1030 no Bluetooth available

KSuga2
Beginner

PC: Dell Latitude D630

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo T9500 2.6GHz

Wifi: Intel Centrino Wireless N 1030 (model: 11230BNHMW, pnpid: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_008A&SUBSYS_53258086&REV_34)

Hi,

I have bought an Intel Centrino Wireless N 1030 card for my Dell Latitude D630 laptop.

Wifi works fine, but there is no available Bluetooth adapter/service presented.

Installed latest drivers recommended by Intel Driver Update Utility.

- Intel PROset/Wireless Software and Drivers v15.11.0.7

- Intel PROset/Wireless Software for Bluetooth v17.1.1411.01

In my Windows 7 there is

- no Bluetooth icon on the taskbar

- no Bluetooth option in Control Panel

- no Bluetooth adapter in Device Manager

Any idea?

Thanks,

Krisztian

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello, Krisztian

If the Bluetooth drivers were installed with no errors, then the computer should have the Bluetooth Radio in device manager, however, it is not shown in the screenshot you provided.

There are several reasons why your laptop may not recognize new hardware when you install an Intel wireless adapter.

• When installing an Intel wireless adapter in a computer that previously had a different model adapter, the new adapter might be detected as an "Unknown Device" and/or the driver will not install, even when a manual driver installation process is followed.
  • Also, the PC manufacturer may have included customizations that can prevent the Bluetooth adapter from working correctly.
  • The Bluetooth portion of the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 uses USB Host Interface, which may not be supported by some computers. In some cases, the computer supports it, but it has to be enabled in the Motherboard BIOS.

Installing or upgrading the various Intel wireless adapters by end users is not supported by Intel, they should only be installed by the manufacturer or its authorized representative.

We advise you to contact the notebook http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm computer manufacturer to confirm the adapter is compatible with your computer, so they can provide additional details and options, if any.