8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2011 1:13 AM by RSS

System in manufacturing mode/cmos settings reset

caine

There is a problem: once booted my motherboard (dp35dp, bios 0517) shows me "System in manufacturing mode" on a bios boot screen. Also all cmos settings resets to its defaults. After I reconfigured cmos settings and rebooted system I see the same problem - label "System in manufacturing mode" and defaul cmos settings - it seems like cmos settings hasn't even been saved.

I've tried everything I could imagine: removed battery for 1 hour, replaced battery, rebooted in cmos configure mode but nothing helps - bios settings cannot be saved and I always see the same thing - "System in manufacturing mode".

Help, please!!!

• 1. Re: System in manufacturing mode/cmos settings reset
          Aryan2411

Hello,

Have you checked whether the bios jumper are in correct normal mode position?

BIOS Configuration Jumper
          The three-pin BIOS jumper block enables all board configurations to be done in the BIOS Setup program.

The following table shows the jumper settings for the BIOS Setup program modes.

Jumper SettingModeDescription
          Normal (default) (1-2)The BIOS uses the current configuration and passwords for booting.
          Configure (2-3)After the Power-On Self-Test (POST) runs, the BIOS displays the Maintenance Menu.
          Recovery (none)The BIOS recovers data in the event of a failed BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,

Regards,

Aryan

• 2. Re: System in manufacturing mode/cmos settings reset
            caine

Of course, As I said, I've tried to boot in "Cmos Configuration" mode (Maintenance Menu on your picture, pins 2-3) and then turn jumper back into standard position (pins 1-2).

• 3. Re: System in manufacturing mode/cmos settings reset
              Aryan2411

Hello again,

Try a bios recovery using a formatted USB media.

Instructions for Recovery BIOS Updates

The recovery process requires the chassis to be opened to remove the onboard BIOS Configuration Jumper.
              WARNING: This process is intended to be performed by a trained technician.
              Recovery with Formatted USB Stick

1. Copy the recovery file (*.bio) to a formatted usb disk.

Use the recovery bio file version 0517
              2. Place the usb disk in the target system.
              3. Shut down the system and unplug AC power.
              4. Open the chassis and remove the BIOS Configuration Jumper. See the Technical Product Specification for details including the location of this jumper.
              5. Power the system on.
              6. Wait 2-5 minutes for the update to complete. When the usb drive LED is lit, the system is copying the recovery code into the FLASH device.
              7. System will either turn off when the recovery process is completed or it will prompt you to turn off the system.
              8. Remove usb disk
              9. Replace the BIOS Configuration Jumper.
              10. Restart system.

Note: these can be found on:
              Website: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/17197/eng/BIOS%20Update%20Readme.pdf
              Page 3

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Aryan

• 4. Re: System in manufacturing mode/cmos settings reset
                caine

Already tried (I forgot to write about it at the first post) with 0287, 0517 and 0572 versions. Alas, the problem remains:(.

• 5. Re: System in manufacturing mode/cmos settings reset
                  Aryan2411

Hello,

This is weird.

Did the system work fine before?

Btw, what is the model of the cpu that you are using and also memory?

Have you managed to go into the Maintenance Bios Mode by switching the bios jumper to Configuration Mode?

Do a CMOS clear again by removing the batt and disconnect the power cable for at least 10 minutes.

Put back the battery

If yes, load the bios the bios to default mode F9 and F10

Do you have a menu Reset Intel Me/AMT  to Factory Defaults? If yes, try this also and save and exit.

If it still fails, can you post a picture showing the error message so that i can investigate further for you.

All the best,

Regards,

Aryan

• 6. Re: System in manufacturing mode/cmos settings reset
                    Lweek

Hi, what format it should be? FAT, FAT32 or else? I tried from FAT formated USB dongle but seems it doesn't working.

• 7. Re: System in manufacturing mode/cmos settings reset
                      Aryan2411

Hello,

I have used both fat and fat32 so far, it has always worked for me. Try with another USB stick if possible. Note it can be done thru CD as well.

Regards,

Aryan

• 8. Re: System in manufacturing mode/cmos settings reset

same thing happing to my PC. Its runing in system manufacturing mode all works fine but PCI exprees card is not working and ram too. I had done everything from my end. like cmos settings and updating bios. need help now