Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Can't get dual / extended screen to work, gives boot-time error

BSimp3
Beginner

Hello all,

I get this on startup:

This computer has an add in graphics card, but the monitor cable is plugged into the integrated video connector. To attach the monitor cable to the add-in graphics card:

1. Shut down the computer

2. Plug the monitor cable into the add-in graphics card connector. This may require a video adapter or video adapter cable.

3. Turn on the computer

I am running a Dell, GX620 Optiplex with Intel Pentium D 2.8gHz processor, 2 gb ram, running windows 7 Ultimate. The Graphics card is a brand new Radeon Saphire HD5450

Theoretically, I should be able to enter BIOS and select the OnBoard VGA as always enable, and the PCI-E as enabled.

However, I seem to only be able to do One or the Other, not Both.

I want extended desktop across 2 VGA monitors

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello CrazySparky, thanks for joining the Intel Community.

It is important to tell you that some systems do not allow using the onboard video and a video card at the same time. Most of the time, once you installed a Video card on the motherboard; the onboard video gets disabled automatically.

I would recommend you to contact DELL in order to check if your system is capable of using the onboard video and the video card simultaneously.

Regards,

0 Kudos