6 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2015 8:33 AM by kevin_intel

intel hd graphics 5500  driver giving BSOD device driver power state failure

RaymondTH

Hi I got a new inspiron 7746 and ive been getting the "Driver Power State Failure" BSOD after a lot of trial and error with WinDbg ive narrowed it down to the intel graphics driver, This only happens when the system is on battery power and not in safe mode.

Its repeatable I can work on battery for hours on end without a single issue and then install the latest  Intel® Iris™ and HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1 64-bit 15.36.14.64.4080 and within 60 seconds the touchscreen + mousepad stops working often accompanied with a black screen and then seconds later a "Driver Power State Failure" BSOD.

I can provide any crash dumps that would help getting a driver update to fix this, Like I said its so predictable you could set your watch by it. Ive tried reformatting, switching to high performance, trying the dell and Intel driver but the problem remains and as soon as I uninstall the intel graphics driver the problem stops happening.