Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Server Board S3420GP RAM Configuration

MHerf
Beginner

Hello,

I have a problem with my S3420GP Board by using M393B5170DZ1-CF8 RAM Modules. After Installing one or two RAM Modules I get 3 beeps, which indicates an incorrect RAM Configuration. By reading the compatibilty list (http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/s3420gp/sb/CS-030738.htm Intel® Server Board S3420GP — Memory and Hardware Compatibility) I found the module:

SamsungM393B5170DZ1-CF84 GBRegistered1066 MHzDualK4B1G0446D-HCF8SamsungN/A1.5 Volts

I have also installed the latest BIOS Update of 2014.

Any help?

Regards

Michael

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AChan85
New Contributor I

Do not trust the beeps and the lights. I had the same problem with my S3420GPLX board. It says RAM error by looking up the error code. But I know the RAMs are good.

I reset the BIOS many times. A lot of errors are related to the RAID controller. But now everything works just fine, with the exact same hardware.....

Just have to keep trying....

0 Kudos
MHerf
Beginner

Hi Red Sun,

thx for the hint. I will try again. I will give an information in any case of success or not.

0 Kudos
DSilv11
Valued Contributor III

DIMMS installed in the Blue slots?

DIMMS need to be filled starting with the blue slots and then filling the slots working toward the CPU,