0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2009 8:45 AM by Sam98961

Load balancing team with Pro 1000MT nics.

Sam98961

I have a Dell PowerEdge 2850 with dual integrated Intel Pro 1000MT nics running Windows Server 2003 32bit.  I installed the latest drivers and tools from the the site and created a Static Link Aggregation team.  I also configured a LAG on the PowerConnect 5324 for the 2 ports going to that server.  The switch check comes back ok.  The problem I'm having is that it's reporting as a 2Gbit connection in task manager but no matter how many connections I make, it never uses more than 50% of the connection.  I can fire off 6 backup jobs running simultaniously and start ftp transfers from multiple servers transferring terabytes of data and it never goes past 50%.  I'm aware of the one connection, one nic deal, but with multiple backup jobs running and ftp sessions I would assume it would use both nics.  Am I wrong?  What can I do to utilize both nics?  This is my backup server and I'm trying to increase network throughput to decrease the amount of time it takes to run backups.  I appreciate any help I can get.