2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2015 3:22 PM by stuart7491

what do i do about a missing teredo tunneling adapter

stuart7491

what do I do about a missing teredo tunneling adapter

• 1. Re: what do i do about a missing teredo tunneling adapter
          ken-Intel

Hi Stuart7491.

The Teredo Tunneling technology is provided by Microsoft(r).  You should probably post this question on the Microsoft communities, but here are some instructions for installing the Teredo adapter under Windows 7.

1. Click on Start.
          2. Type Device Manager in search box and open it.
          3. Click the Action tab at the top and click add legacy hardware
            then click next and next again it will then scan and find nothing click next on the screen after that.
            Wait a minute and you will see a list of hardware appear, scroll down and choose network adapters then click next, then from the left column choose Microsoft then in the right hand column scroll down and choose Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter, then click next and this will install it.
            To check just make sure it is set to show hidden devices, right click on device manager on the right and click view then show hidden devices
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: what do i do about a missing teredo tunneling adapter
            stuart7491

Well part of it worked, the Teredo adapter appeared, but an error code 10 appeared saying driver missing and it could not find in windows. I believe that was also difficult to find. I had contacted Microsoft they said go to computer mfg and since older computer basically not supported and they referred me to you folks. I believe I have tried finding a driver without success. I have tried numerous "fixes" from various forums none worked. Very much appreciated your reply.