Thank you for your post. I will forward your inquiry to our wireless support group for them to further assist you.
You can apply the following actions to do a clean install of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7* version 17.14.0. This release supports the Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N + WiMAX 6150, and will install driver version 188.8.131.52 for this adapter.
1. Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 7* version 17.14.0. Since you have Windows 7 64-bit, use Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software (includes Drivers) filename: Wireless_17.14.0_s64.exe; and save it to your computer.
2. Go to Control Panel- Programs and Features, and Uninstall the "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software".
3. Then, in Control Panel - Device Manager, under Network Adapters, right click on the the N 6150 and Uninstall it, selecting the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".
4. Proceed to Install the driver 17.14.0 that you downloaded before.
5. After the driver is installed, go to Device Manager and look for the N 6150 again, in the properties, go to the Power Management tab and make sure to put a mark in the box "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".
Let us know if this helps with the BSOD's.