4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2015 9:48 PM by dms@csun.edu

astGpioDigitalWrite will not compile

dms@csun.edu

I am running Arduino 1.5.3-Intel.1.0.4 from the link on the Arduino download page.  My original code compiled but when I tried to use

the following two lines to toggle Pin10:

fastGpioDigitalWrite(GPIO_FAST_IO10, HIGH);

fastGpioDigitalWrite(GPIO_FAST_IO10, LOW);

I got the following errors:

hopperSPIV0_2Galileo.ino:92:30: error: 'GPIO_FAST_IO10' was not declared in this scope

C:\Users\dms\Desktop\arduino-1.5.3-Intel.1.0.4\hardware\arduino\edison\variants\edison_fab_c/variant.h:152:64: note: in definition of macro 'fastGpioDigitalWrite'

#define fastGpioDigitalWrite(id, val)  fastGpioPciDigitalWrite(id, val)

Do I have the wrong version of Arduino for Galileo or is there something else I need to include to get this to work?

• 1. Re: astGpioDigitalWrite will not compile
          dms@csun.edu

oops ... I lost the first letter of my question when I pasted it in!..FastGpioDigitalWrite will not compile

• 2. Re: astGpioDigitalWrite will not compile
            CMata_Intel

Hi dms@csun.edu;

The functionality of the fastGpio is available using the pins 2 and 3 of the board. Try with those and let us know if it works.

Also take a look at the libraries in

C:\arduino-1.5.3-Intel.1.0.4\hardware\arduino\x86\cores\arduino

Regards;

CMata

• 3. Re: astGpioDigitalWrite will not compile
              dms@csun.edu

I was following the examples I found on the Emutex Labs website EmutexLabs where they state that for Gen 2 the IDE supports more of the pins for fast IO but I stuck to pin 2 anyway.   I tried their example using pin 2 and again got the same sort of errors.  I am running  Arduino 1.5.3-Intel.1.0.4 sitting in the root of C:. 

I did look at the libraries that were mentioned but I really did not understand the header files expect to see the the fast IO functionality should be there.  Any clues would be most appreciated.  Is it possible that I have an incorrect IDE version?

Code and errors pasted below:

void setup() {

pinMode(2, OUTPUT);

}

void loop() {

bool value = HIGH;

while (1) {

fastGpioDigitalWrite(GPIO_FAST_IO2, value);

value = !value;

}

}

In file included from C:\GalileoArduino\hardware\arduino\edison\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:33:0,

from gpioFastTest.ino:1:

gpioFastTest.ino: In function 'void loop()':

gpioFastTest.ino:7:26: error: 'GPIO_FAST_IO2' was not declared in this scope

C:\GalileoArduino\hardware\arduino\edison\variants\edison_fab_c/variant.h:152:64: note: in definition of macro 'fastGpioDigitalWrite'

#define fastGpioDigitalWrite(id, val)  fastGpioPciDigitalWrite(id, val)

• 4. Re: astGpioDigitalWrite will not compile
                dms@csun.edu

Problem solved.  It was my blunder... I had the Edison selected and not the Galileo!  Sorry for the post and thanks to CMata for the resonse