Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Random Freezing While Playing Games

idata
Employee

I have recently bought a dg41rq motherboard and running vista 32bit version(home premium) on it along with core2duo 2.93 ghz and 2gb ram.

Whenever i play some graphic intensive games like nfs-mw or burnout paradise my system works fine for some time but after some 10 mins or so it freezes and sound loops for a few seconds and monitor blanks (blinking monitor led), restarts itself. sometimes vista shows that it has recovered from a serious error " VIDEO HARDWARE ERROR"

I have updated all the latest drivers. please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

What graphics cards do you have?and what case? what are the temperatures like?has it always done this or started recently?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

NO ADDITIONAL GRAPHICS CARD, I AM USING THE ONBOARD X4500 GPU BY INTEL AND THE MOBO IS G41RQ.IT IS A NORMAL CASE WITH 450 WATT PSU.TEMPERATURES WHILE NORMAL RUNNING -----HDD: 38 C, CPU - 36 C, MOBO -40 C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I uninstalled the latest intel g41rq graphics driver of intel from the programs and features and let windows install it's own driver( though experiencing a lag in performance). everything works fine now. maybe the intels latest driver is faulty.

0 Kudos