The error you are getting is because the driver you currently have is a Dell customized driver. Dell uses highly customized drivers for their mobile systems. I would strongly recommend you use the Dell drivers rather than the Intel generic drivers. You can get the Dell certified drivers here: Product Support | Dell US
However, if you do want to overwrite the Dell drivers with the Generic Intel drivers, follow these steps exactly. Note, you will loose any customization Dell makes in the drivers specifically for your system and the system may not function as Dell intended.
Download the zip version of the generic Intel HD Graphics driver here: Intel® Download Center
Extract it to a folder on your desktop.
- 1. Login with administrator privileges
- 2. Open Control Panel
- 3. Open Device Manager
- 4. Click on "Display adapters"
- 5. Double click "Intel HD Graphics"
- 6. Click on the "Driver" tab
- 7. Click on "Update Driver" button
- 8. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"
- 9. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
- 10. Click on "Have Disk" button
- 11. Click "Browse"
- 12. Navigate to the folder that you unzipped the Intel HD Graphics driver to
- 13. Navigate to the Graphics sub-folder
- 14. Double click the igdlh64.inf or igdlh.inf file <-- depends on if you have 32 or 64 bit OS
- 15. Click "OK"
- 16. Click "Next", Driver should now be installing.
- 17. If successful, click "Close", Reboot.