Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel 7260 AC - High latency

KKlov
New Contributor I

My latency are unstable sometimes (like seen on the picture below), however, sometimes the latency is stable at 1-7 ms with an average 1-2 ms with 100 packets.

System info:

Driver version: 17.13.11.5 x64, driver only version

Allow computer to turn off this device to save power (switched between on/off)

Added ScanWhenAssociated (DWORD = 0)

Any tips?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KKlov
New Contributor I

Think I solved the problem by restarting my router/modem, but I also installed the biggest driver with software pack (100 mb instead of 23 mb). Not sure which of them that solved the issue though. Avarage 1 ms on ping tests now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello jorg1,

It is normal for Ping times to fluctuate when you are running continuous ping, this can be due to multiple reasons. Here are some steps from the Wireless adapter side that may improve this.

- Apply the settings from the advisory:http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/sb/CS-030709.htm?wapkw=wifi+recommended+settings What are the Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity?

- Also in the Wireless adapter advanced settings, configure U-APSD support to "disabled"

- Set the Roaming aggressiveness to "Low" or "Medium-Low" and test the connection.

- If your network operates in the 2.4 GHz band, try disabling the Bluetooth Radio in your PC (this can be done with a switch in your PC/Keyboard, disabling it in Device Manager, or via Windows wireless configuration). Bluetooth also operates in 2.4 GHz and this may interfere with WiFi.

tvete
Valued Contributor II

Follow this thread and your latency issue should disappear:

0 Kudos
KKlov
New Contributor I

Think I solved the problem by restarting my router/modem, but I also installed the biggest driver with software pack (100 mb instead of 23 mb). Not sure which of them that solved the issue though. Avarage 1 ms on ping tests now.

0 Kudos