3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2015 9:13 PM by Doc_SilverCreek

RMM 3 command line status check

I've got a few devices that have RMM loaded.  I know it's an intel rmm and pretty sure it's RMM3.

What I don't know is what is the IP of the device and how to get it from just the command line.

I can get RMM3 to work on a few devices because I know the RMM IP.  I was given the RMM IP to the other boxes but when I try it either times our or gives me an error or sends me to some default page.

I have CLI access to all the devices and have tried using the mmconfig (all linux) and it's not working.  I thought I noticed another command but wasn't able to try it due to a forced reboot on my windows box but can't remember where I saw it.

I think the CLI instances (linux) are barebones so after the RMM3 was installed all access to the commands may have been removed.  I tried looking for them in the /usr/local/somewhere/somewhere folder and didn't find it.  I haven't attempted to actually find the file.

I would like to know if there is a way to use basic linux commands without having to download anything and list the RMM status of each device at least the IP.

Any assistance would be helpful.

• 1. Re: RMM 3 command line status check

IPMItool lan print 1

ipmitool lan print 3

ipmitool user list 1

ipmitool user list 3

first 2 will tell you if the BMC \ RMM is configured for access and the IPs

2nd 2 will tell you if any users accounts are enabled for access.

1 is the shared base board NIC and 3 is the dedicated RMM nic

• 2. Re: RMM 3 command line status check

Doc silver;

Thanks, however I learned that the firewall may have been blocking me.  Since then I've asked that they allow the RMM IP through.  In one case they have.

I logged on to the device using putty and got the SMASH CLP prompt. I am going through the Intel_rmm_userguide_r1_4.pdf for what to do and it's not very helpful.  I've typed sow help and it basically tells me to read the document I cited.

I tried the commands from an ssh putty session, you suggested and I get "No such file or directory".

Where do I run these commands?

• 3. Re: RMM 3 command line status check

Those command would run on the local OS (assuming your Linux version has IPMItool installed.)

If you are reaching the RMM now it has a web based interface you can access by just opening a web browser to the IP address of the RMM.  (HTTP:\\

IPMItool can also be installed on your local system and run over the network using the command syntax:

ipmitool -H10.10.10.1 -Uuserid -Ppassword lan print 1

However since the above command are to tell you the IP,  & if any userids are enabled, it does not do a lot of good since you can't use the commands unless you already know the BMC user name and password and IP.

You can get ipmitool here IPMItool - Browse Files at SourceForge.net if it is not on your linux box.

It includes instruction to compile from windows or you do a sheach for ipmitool.exe, SUN use to post a windows version pre-compliled.

IPMIutil is a sister utility for windows and is here ipmiutil - IPMI Management Utilities

I have not used it as much so not sure of all the syntax.