Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

I218-V & 1Gbps Full Duplex

DCran
Beginner

Hi guys,

I've recently been considering upgrading my internet to a faster cable speed, however before that I need to resolve the issue that I'm having with my I218-V only being able to use at most 100Mbps Full/Half Duplex. As soon as I choose the 1Gbps Full Duplex option, my computer acts as if the network cable is unplugged. This week I bought some new Belkin ethernet cables in case that was the issue, but to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Daniel.

P.S. I've searched the forum and found several similar issues, but none of the ones that I found were ever resolved, so I thought I'd give it another try.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VincentT_T_Intel
Employee

Hi FatChocobo,

please try to load the latest driver of i218-V for your system, you can check the link below:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=I218-V+ http://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=I218-V+

if problem still persists, try setting the "gigabit master slave mode" on advanced properties of your network adapter to "force master mode".

the ethernet cable you're using should be CAT 5e or higher to ensure gigabit connectivity.

hope this help.

regards,

vince

0 Kudos
DCran
Beginner

Hi Vince,

Thanks so much for your response. Unfortunately I tried both of these steps, but without any luck.

The cables that I'm using are a pair of brand new Belkin Cat5e cables, so I guess there should be no problem there.

Daniel.

0 Kudos
VincentT_T_Intel
Employee

Hi FatChocobo, aside from the system with i218-V, any other systems on your network that connects to the same switch with 1Gbps? What is the brand and model of the switch?

regards,

Vince

0 Kudos
bethe
Beginner

Hi Vince_intel.

I have a similar problem. I can only do 10 Mpbs Full with powerline ethernet adapters. 100 Mpbs negotiates, but ping times are 2-3 seconds. I have 3 different powerlne adapter brands and all of them have trouble with my new T450s. I have atleast 3 different PC and laptops at my home and none of them have trouble with the powerlne adapters. I checked other forum threads and this problem seems to be open.

0 Kudos