Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

my intel hd graphics 4600 driver version is not updating

craje
Beginner

i have downloaded new update for my intel hd graphics from intel update utility but when i install setup it's installing older version i.e is 10.18.14.4080

what should i do

my pc specs

intel i5 4440 pro'

gigabyte b85md3h

ram 8gb transcend

pls help

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PLiv
New Contributor II

The latest driver for 4th generation Intel Core is 15.36.14.64.4080 (10.18.14.4080), so you already have the latest version. Unfortunately the driver update utility is inconsistent on comparing either drivers package versions or drivers versions as they appear in device manager. Instead it makes a mixed up comparison between the latest driver package version and the driver version from device manager that you have. This buggy comparison is very prone on returning false positives. In the past Intel driver update utility was a browser plugin and it was very accurate, but since it was redesigned into a Windows desktop application it was mostly broken in the process. There are many posts here about the update utility false positives already. I really hope this post will remember some Intel folks to fix this ASAP. I think this bug is at large for about 6 months already.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
PLiv
New Contributor II

The latest driver for 4th generation Intel Core is 15.36.14.64.4080 (10.18.14.4080), so you already have the latest version. Unfortunately the driver update utility is inconsistent on comparing either drivers package versions or drivers versions as they appear in device manager. Instead it makes a mixed up comparison between the latest driver package version and the driver version from device manager that you have. This buggy comparison is very prone on returning false positives. In the past Intel driver update utility was a browser plugin and it was very accurate, but since it was redesigned into a Windows desktop application it was mostly broken in the process. There are many posts here about the update utility false positives already. I really hope this post will remember some Intel folks to fix this ASAP. I think this bug is at large for about 6 months already.

craje
Beginner

thank u pal really helpful.

so my driver version is latest right 10.18.14.4080.

0 Kudos
Filip_Z_Intel
Employee

Yes, ch.rajesh,

currently 10.18.14.4080 is the latest one

0 Kudos
craje
Beginner
0 Kudos