1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2014 6:31 AM by Harmit

DG33TL BIOS UPDATE ISSUES

zahidalware

I update my intel DG33TL mother board using DPP3510J.86A.0572.EB. The update was sucessfull.

After applying the update it restarted the machine and now i dont even get the bios options.

My monitor shows No Signal.

Anybody has ever faced the same issue.

• 1. Re: DG33TL BIOS UPDATE ISSUES
          Lweek

Hello, I have exactly same problem. You have to turn on bios reset switch located on board and then turn Your computer on. BIOS will appear and You can modify settings. Just turn off Core Multiplexing and then your PC will boot, but only with one core which .. is not solution at all. I hope Intel will release new bios to fix this issue.

By the way, downgrading to old bios isn't working.

• 2. Re: DG33TL BIOS UPDATE ISSUES
            zahidalware

Hi Lweek,

Thanks for your reply. I already got the solution.

I had to reconfigure bios using the jumper setting on the board.

My drive configuration was set to raid with only one hard disk, so just has to configure it as IDE.

My previous bios was supporting one hard drive with raid configuration (did not raid the drive though as i had only one but just kept the setting as raid). but the new update didnt support it.

• 3. Re: DG33TL BIOS UPDATE ISSUES
              midi

Hi: My MB is dead. I´m going crazy trying to find the reset switch you mentioned. Can you please post where it is located? If it´s not too much asking can you include exact steps that must be taken. The only jumper I find is the Bios Recovery one.

Thank you very much.

• 4. Re: DG33TL BIOS UPDATE ISSUES
                midi

Hi: My MB is dead. I´m going crazy trying to find the reset switch Lweek mentioned. Can you please post your method? If it´s not too much asking can you include exact steps that must be taken. The only jumper I find is the Bios Recovery one.

Thank you very much.

• 5. Re: DG33TL BIOS UPDATE ISSUES
                  zahidalware

Hi Midi,

There is no reset switch on the board.

There is only a bios recovery setting.

By default the bios jumper is set on 2 and 3 (This is normal mode).

You have to set it up on 1 and 2 so your bios can be reconfigured again.

Be careful while doing this. Turn off the machine properly and remove the AC input from the smps before doing it.

Hope this should work.

If still does not solve the problem then give me details on what is the actual problem in detail you are facing.

• 6. Re: DG33TL BIOS UPDATE ISSUES
                    Lweek

Hello! My Motherboard is dead now too. I tried recovery with CD but it failed I guess. I gave CD into my DVD drive, removed switch and let PC read from CD. Well, it did read but screen remained black so after 10 minutes I manually turned PC off, removed CD and gave switch back to normal position. BUT it doesn't boot anymore. When I turn PC it simply show blank black screen. I also tried set switch to reset position but it become dead as well.

So, what now? Is recovery working even with corrupted BIOS? I guess that during flashing new BIOS it rewrite also recovery BIOS right? Which means I have all BIOSes dead now so I can throw my board out from window? Good old times when BIOS was in a removable chip.

• 7. Re: DG33TL BIOS UPDATE ISSUES
                      zahidalware

Hi Lweek,

Check out the link below.

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-028780.htm#noboot

Hope this helps you.

• 8. Re: DG33TL BIOS UPDATE ISSUES
                        midi

Hi: Thanks a lot for your info. I´ll try to explain all the things I´ve tried, maybe you know of something else to try.

Jumper in Normal with USB Keyboard: Screen Black (Lcd active), 5 seconds of HD light activity, then 1 flick on screen. The keyboard numlock is lit but caps don´t light up when pressed.

Jumper in Normal with no Keyboard: Same as with Keyboard but after flick appears MISSING OPERATING SYSTEM.

Jumper in Setup with or without Keyboard: Same as in normal but no flick of screen.

Jumper in Recovery with Keyboard and cd Bios 0572: Some time Lcd and Keyboard inactive, some HD light activity,

then HD and CD light activity like transfering data. Lcd and Keyboard turn on, Black screen. Caps on keyboard don´t light up.

Recovery no Keyboard: Same but after black screen HD and CD are active for 3 seconds.

If there is anything else you need to know in order to diagnose please let me know.

Once again thank you very much for your time and interest.

Kind Regards.

midi

• 9. Re: DG33TL BIOS UPDATE ISSUES
                          midi

The link does not have a solution for my board. Hope Intel finds a fix or I´ll be very dissappointed to have to throw to the trash

a perfect board before Intel´s bios update.

• 10. Re: DG33TL BIOS UPDATE ISSUES
                            zahidalware

Hi Midi,

If your board is in warranty i would suggest you to send it to intel and let them figure it out.

If its not in warranty then try the steps one by one properly once again or show it to some hardware expert. They will do it pretty quickly for you.

I dont thing a board should be trashable after bios update.

• 11. Re: DG33TL BIOS UPDATE ISSUES
                              Lweek

Hi! I have exactly same problem as Midi. I tried everything mentioned. Recovery from CD, USB key, even supply and battery out for an hour but situation doesn't change.

Interesting fact is that if I put CD in DVD rom and turn on PC in recovery mode it start read, then a display get signal but is blank and then it periodicaly checking CD in drive but nothing happen. Same with USB stick. I guess I may see a text output and then it restart or show me a message to restart but nothing like this happen even if I wait 15+ minutes. I'm trying recover from ISO downloaded from support and burned into CD. Recovering from USB stick is in FAT32 and single BIO file wirten as standalone file.

• 12. Re: DG33TL BIOS UPDATE ISSUES
                                Lweek

Hi! We both have absolutely similiar problem. If You'll find solution, please give me know. I will do same if I find a solution.

• 13. Re: DG33TL BIOS UPDATE ISSUES

I have the same problem too, Configuration can be entered, but after wards, the normal pin settings gives a long high pitch sound. I've tried downgrading but it doesn't work, and there's nothing I can do to make it boot. All because of 0572 bios, there is something terribly wrong with this bios update. INTEL please fix this issue, my computer is practically a huge rock right now that cannot boot.

• 14. Re: DG33TL BIOS UPDATE ISSUES
                                    alexburdov

I have this problem too

Tommorow I updated my BIOS to 0572 on my home DG33TL. After restart I saw black screen with blinked curson in left up coner/

I am change bios-update switch into 2-3 position and saw bios setup screen/ Try made change for heal my motherboard, but don't do it

I think 0572 bios is broken and had update to previos version.

Write this version on CD, unplug all devices and AC cable, after remove cmos battary on 15-20 min for clean CMOS

Plug-in CD cable ( removed on first step ) and remove jumperfrom bios configure switch

Plug-in AC cable and turn on my PC

I see black screen about 1 hours - not result

Try write BIOS from USB key and reproduce all step - not result

Need me going to shop to buy another motherboard?

1 2 Previous Next