4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2015 3:22 AM by tsvetan.filev

Cronie on galileo gen 1

tsvetan.filev

Hi all.

I'm using galileo gen 1 and I'm running 1.0.4 SD image.

I added cronie package and started it, added a task in crontab to be executed every minute but crond doesn't execute it.

Anyone tried this ?

• 1. Re: Cronie on galileo gen 1
          CMata_Intel

Hi tsvetan.filev

From where are you getting the package? Are you getting it from the AlexT repo?

While installing the package did you have errors or it was installed successfully? it could be an error while installing.

Could you add a screenshot of the Serial Terminal with the outcome of trying to execute crontab? Is there an error message or it's just that doesn't do anything?

Regards;

CMata

• 2. Re: Cronie on galileo gen 1
            tsvetan.filev

Hi CMata.

I got the package from the build I made (BSP 1.0.4).

I just run a new build, copied the ipk on my board and installed it using opkg.

It didn't complain about dependancies but may be it needs some other package ?

The crond process is running but it doesn't do anything. I added a script to write a file every 1 minute but I don't see the file created.

There is nothing in /var/log/messages as well:

Feb 23 21:41:30 clanton cron.info crond[2191]: (CRON) STARTUP (1.4.9)

Feb 23 21:41:30 clanton cron.info crond[2191]: (CRON) INFO (Syslog will be used instead of sendmail.)

Feb 23 21:41:30 clanton cron.info crond[2191]: (CRON) INFO (@reboot jobs will be run at computer's startup.)

I'm not using the AlexT repo .

I tried to install his version but got failed dependancy (uclibc).

Regards.

Tsvetan

• 3. Re: Cronie on galileo gen 1
              CMata_Intel

Hi tsvetan.filev

Yes, I just tried to add cronie with the repo and I got the same result that you.

I was checking this: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/cron  Have you tried to use that configuration steps?

Regards;

CMata

• 4. Re: Cronie on galileo gen 1
                tsvetan.filev

Hi CMata.

I realised I'm spoiled by the new linux versions. I completely forgot that I have to use crontab -e to edit the configuration.

So I added my command and then verified it with crontab -l

It now works fine and runs the tasks.

Regards.