Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

I have got a laptop with an i5 3317u CPU and the intel 4000 graphics adapter, I want to buy a dell u2711, this monitor only supports display port and DVI-D for the 1440 x 2560 resolution, can i just buy a hdmi to displayport converter and put it in betwee

chend3
Beginner

well the title says it,

I have got a laptop with an i5 3317u CPU and the intel 4000 graphics adapter, I want to buy a dell u2711, this monitor only supports display port and DVI-D for the 1440 x 2560 resolution, can i just buy a hdmi to displayport converter and put it in between and have it use the 1440 x 2560 resolution?

laptop is an HP sleekbook 6 envy, the black one with beats autio.

It supports hdmi 1.4a so i expect it to work, but before buying a 300 euro device i would like to know for sure that it will work

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi cedriccc12

Anytime you use and adaptor or converter, there is a risk that the device will not operate as intended. If you are allowed to return the display should it not function correctly with an adapter, then give it a try. If you cannot return the display should it not work, I would suggest shopping for a display with HDMI ports. There are many great displays available at that price point that support HDMI.

Thanks

Robert