2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2015 4:22 PM by larbec

Can someone provide me with the correct driver

larbec7

I have had an issue with my Excel 2013 crashing on a daily basis.  I have posted numerous times on the Microsoft forum with no luck correcting this issue.  I wanted to see if perhaps my drivers needed to be updated and Toshiba suggested I contact Intel directly incase Toshiba did not have the latest drivers.  I have windows 8.1 and my current driver is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_FB001179&REV_09.  My laptop is a Toshiba P855-S5102, with 64 bit.  When I went to Intels drivers download page I think the driver suggested gave me an error so I wanted to make sure I was trying to download the correct one.  Here is the error and if someone can tell e which one to download I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Drivers.jpg

• 1. Re: Can someone provide me with the correct driver
          Robert_U

Hi Larbec7,

I would strongly recommend using the drivers from Toshiba for your system. Toshiba customizes the generic Intel HD Graphics drivers specifically for their systems. Installing a generic driver would overwrite the customizations and the system may not perform as designed. Here is the link to the Toshiba driver page: Satellite P855-S5102 Support | Toshiba would also recommend that you ensure that you have all Windows updates installed, including the Microsoft Office updates.

Thanks

Robert

• 2. Re: Can someone provide me with the correct driver
            larbec

thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if you caught what I mentioned above. Toshiba strongly recommended I go to lintels web site and download the latest drivers.  Hmmm. I've had this issue for over a year. Microsoft says it's Toshibas issue. Toshiba says it's Microsofts issue    now, Toshiba says downLoad from

INtel and Intel says download from Toshiba  hmmmm. I just want to get my computer fixed