4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2015 5:56 AM by DiegoV_Intel

unable to initialize libusb: -99

AlphaCHarly

Any idea why this init error when i type lsusb command ???

AC/.

• 1. Re: unable to initialize libusb: -99
          DiegoV_Intel

Hello AlphaCHarly,

The error is shown only when Edison is set as USB Device. The command only works when the module acts as USB Host. If you are using the Arduino Expansion Board, please switch the SW1 towards the type A USB port. This will set the module as USB Host and the lsusb command should work now.

Regards,

Diego.

• 3. Re: unable to initialize libusb: -99
            dunex_1

Hi Diego,

I am getting the same error, but when I switch the SW1 towards the type A USB port, the Intel Edison does not boot up. I saw in a different thread that you need between 7V to 12V on J1 to be able to use it on host mode. Also I did that but it keep staying in a loop( the two LED's on the board keep flashing simultaneously forever) and  it never boots up. Is there a way around it because I haven't seen a thread with people having the same problem with lsusb.    Thanks in advance Diego

• 4. Re: unable to initialize libusb: -99
              DiegoV_Intel

Hello dunex_1,

When you switch the SW1 towards the type A USB, then the Arduino Expansion Board must be powered through the barrel jack. What is the output in the Edison's console when you power the Edison up? Are the booting messages displayed?

Also, have you tried to boot the Edison with the SW1 towards the microUSB and then, once the booting process is done, try to switch the SW1 towards the type A USB?

Regards,

Diego.