5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2015 11:28 AM by sylvia_intel

Try to reinstall HD4000 and message says my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements

mleister

I uninstalled the HD4000 driver because it has been marked as damaged and disconnected for awhile. I found the correct driver for 64 bit, Windows 8.1 system and when I try to install, it goes through the motions and then tells me my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements and it doesn't install. Help? I think this missing driver is the reason why I can't connect a second monitor to do my contract work and I really need this to work. I have always used a second monitor with my laptop - this Dell Inspiron 15z Core i5 laptop - and then, it stopped. Anyone? I am savvy but I am not an IT and I just don't have the money to take this in, so trying to troubleshoot and repair myself. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Try to reinstall HD4000 and message says my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements
          Jaffer_Hussain

Hello mleister

There is two method to uninstall

• Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Add/Remove Programs Method

1. Open the Add/Remove Programs window using the steps provided for your operating system:
            Windows XP*: Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
            Windows Vista*: Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.
            Windows 7*: Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
            Windows 8 and 8.1*: Press the Windows key and the x key together, select Programs and Features.
          2. Find the Intel Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver).
          3. Right click Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
          4. Follow the prompts stated by the Intel Installation Frameworkwindow to complete the process.
          5. Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.

• Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Device Manager Method

1. Open the Device Manager using the steps provided for your operating system:
            Windows XP: Start > Control Panel > Select Device Manager.
            Windows Vista: Right click My Computer and select Manage. Navigate to the Device Manager on the side bar.
            Windows 7: Click Start > Run, type: devmgmt.msc
            Windows 8 and 8.1: Press the Windows key and the x key together, select Device Manager.
          2. Expand the Display Adapters section.
          3. Find the Intel Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver).
          4. Right click Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
          5. Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device.
          6. Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.

try this steps to uninstall

The Requirements is

Intel HD 4000

HP ProBook 4540s

Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit 6.1 Build 7601

Processor: Intel (R) Core(TM) i5 3210M CPU @ 2.50 GHz (4CPUs) ~ 2.5 GHz

Memory 4GB DDR3

Directx 11

Got Win SP 1, framework 4.5...

still not working ?

reinstall windows and try installing the drivers

thank you

• 2. Re: Try to reinstall HD4000 and message says my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements
            mleister

I had gone into the device manager, found the graphics card, clicked uninstall, and after a few minutes, it disappeared from the list. It is not there now. Could it be I am unable to re-install the replacement driver (the same one) because I didn't reboot the computer first? I don't think I can follow your list of steps because it isn't there now?

• 3. Re: Try to reinstall HD4000 and message says my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements
              Jaffer_Hussain

(you said) I found the correct driver for 64 bit, Windows 8.1 system and when I try to install, it goes through the motions and then tells me my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements and it doesn't install.

can you tell me the name of that driver u tryin to install

• 4. Re: Try to reinstall HD4000 and message says my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements
                mleister

I actually downloaded and tried 3 (desperation):

win64_152823

win64_153330

win64_153332

And none would install for the reason I stated in the first message.

• 5. Re: Try to reinstall HD4000 and message says my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements
                  sylvia_intel

Hello Mleister, thanks for joining the Graphics Community.

We always recommend customers to download and install the drivers provided by the system manufacture, since our drivers are generic drivers and sometimes these cannot be installed on other systems or the installation of them could overwrite their customizations and possibly change the functionality of the graphics.

Could you please attach the DX Diag report from your system?

(Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information).

Regards,