Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20690 Discussions

Is it possible to update OpenGL for core-i3-370M with Win7-64bit?

KSang3
Beginner

I need to run OpenGL version 3 or greater but can not find a video driver that has OpenGL greater than version 2. I'm running on a Toshiba Portege R705-P35 laptop with Intel HD Graphics that appear to be built into the Intel Core i3 processor. The processor is an i3-370M. The operating system is Windows 7 SP1 64 bit. We've won a 3D Systems Ekocycle Cube printer and the software to upload pats to the printer requires OpenGL V3 or better.

Any help to identify a suitable driver would be greatly appreciated. The Toshiba site's last video driver update was in 2010. And Intel's site isn't clear that the drivers will work on my processor as I believe the i3-370M is a generation 1 device and I can only find generation 2 listed on the drivers page. I assume the core device listed is for something like a core 2 dual etc.

Also its very difficult to find out what version of OpenGL you are currently running. The Intel Graphics Control Panel does not even list OpenGL.

Sincerely;

Kurt.

0 Kudos
0 Replies